MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

Post subject: ProDRO World Finals 3 (2in1)by KM (Kiel Mclelland)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:40 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-7.0...The textures were nice, but simple...maybe a bit too simple. There wasn't too much texture variety; only about five or six different textures were used. This may have been because this was an online event to cut down on lag, I dunno. The dirt is nice for turns and such.
MODELS-9.5...A nice variety of models were used, and this gave the track a great atmosphere and uniqueness that not many other tracks have. From the stands to the pit area, to the huge bridge and banners on the walls, this was very well done and wanders off the beaten path of monotonous domes and the same cars and poles in every other track out there. Freestyle shines especially bright, with many unique models being used. The only reason that this score isn't perfect is because some of the models were a bit too simple.
MODEL RAMPS-9.0...These were mostly well done, but a couple spots could have used some improvement or an extra ramp here or there. You can get up most objects smoothly and easily, but a few trip you up. As long as you know which ones (and there aren't many) to avoid, you'll be fine.
LAYOUT-10...I keep harping on it, and this is where this track shines through and beats out a lot of tracks...UNIQUENESS. The track is a one-of-a-kind racing layout...very complicated and challenging, but easy to know where you're heading. It's fast and furious, demanding concentration. The final turn and straightaway make it a blast, especially when racing online. Freestyle...well, it's VERY well laid out and you won't get bored with it easily. Many different lines can be taken, and big air is readily available Image.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-9.5...no driver check-in pictures are the only thing that keep this from being a 10. A few model ramp trip-ups are my only other gripe. This is one of my favorite drag/freestyle tracks, and a must-have if you're into that genre. ProDRO comes through on this track in a way that not many others have-good, hard racing combined with some big crazy freestyle stuff make this an enjoyable experience for any dragger out there in need of some fun...and a challenge.

TOTAL SCORE-45/50

------------------
-RobbyH14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:42 am 

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?thistrack=718

------------------
-RobbyH14

edit. link

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (16-02-2003)</font>