MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 am

Post subject: Motorsports Civic Center (2in1) by Slick714
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:32 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-9.5...very nice job from Slick...these are very unique and original. The redness of the dirt gives the track a tacky feel, much like that of the Georgia Dome. Nice slidability (did I just make up a new word? lol) and blending of textures make this a very strong point in the track. I especially liked the texture transitions from dirt to cement...very well done.
MODELS-8...This one's kinda low because some repetitive, old models that have been used in a lot of drag tracks are in here, like the yellow cars and poles. Some of the pre-crushed freestyle objects are neat-looking though, the motor home in particular.
MODEL RAMPS-6.5...I was disappointed in a couple of these ramps in particular...one way on the mobile home you can't even get up it at all, which is always a big minus, and the quad ramp in the middle is a bit shaky. Otherwise, though, they're set up just fine and suit the track well. You won't get unbelievable air, and that's a good thing for this small layout. It would have been nice to hit the cars sideways, but that isn't as important as the mobile home issue.
LAYOUT-9...It's nice to see a small layout sometimes, and Slick's done a very good job with that. A simple racing layout (straight drag) with a few quad hills...simple, yet still satisfying. It's a nice change of pace from the J-drags and such that are fixations of Monster Jam-themed stuff. You don't feel too closed in at all, even though the track is so small.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-8...No driver check-in pictures is a pet peeve of mine, and this track doesn't have em...the freestyle was exceptionally well done layout-wise, and for the most part, the ramps were too...a few trip-ups there brought the score down, however. Racing is simple, the track is simple, but lots of things are unique, contributing to the experience. This was (I believe) the track that Slick cut his teeth on, and taking that fact into consideration, it's definitely a track to be proud of making, especially for a first go. If you're looking for a lot of room to roam around in, this track isn't for you, but if you want a change of pace from normal dragging, and maybe something on the smaller side, then you'll like it a lot.
TOTAL SCORE-41/50

------------------
-RobbyH14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:34 am 

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?thistrack=719

------------------
-RobbyH14

edit. link

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (16-02-2003)</font>