MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

Post subject: Louieville Motor Speedway by Xtreme_RTM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 2:49 am 
This fella did a great job on RCA Dome, but tripped up on this track. I was eager to race on this track, because I remember it from the old TNT days. However, I haven't been able to make a legal lap yet. Apparently the checkpoints don't work or the start/finish gate doesn't. No matter what I do, the track won't accept a lap, so the race never ends. I even tried racing it backwards, like the computer truck does, but that didn't work either. I'm hoping he can re-release this track with a fix, because I really like the track layout and for the memories it brings back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 4:22 am 
Thanks for the complament for the track. I only put the track segments down not the checkpoints. Why would u want to race on it with Checkpoints?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 3:42 am 
He "Tried" to copy TNT Figure 8. The racing lanes are not wide enough. You are always going into the wrong lane on the turns if you are actually racing. The cars make you slow down a little when you hit them. I agree, he needs to make a fix with wider lanes and a better layout. Right now i would say not to download it. If he gets everything fixed then maybe. But its no TNT Figure 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 4:18 am 
Glow Ball

Drag style tracks are meant to be this way. Please allow me to quote an early post that sums up the situation perfectly:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malibu350
These tracks are mainly for the hard core fans of the actual sport of monster truck racing, these types of courses are set up to simulate the real thing where the trucks race not side by side but on two separate but identical courses, and unfortunatly mtm2 does not support two separate sets of cp's so you need atleast 3 people in a game one of which will position himself at the start/finish line to launch the two racers and also will have a side view of the finish line to determine the winner of the "Drag".. another use for these types of tracks is for "freestyle" competition, which is another part of the real sport... in this case each contestant takes a turn one at a time going off jumps, doing wheelies, crushing cars, or flipping just about anything to "out do" all the others' driving skills, then one or two others in the game will be the judges of who is the most creative/crazy or whatever...

Strictly for the hard core monster truck racing enthusiast..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First posted in connection to DBL Trouble by OutlawJon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2001 8:54 am 

In being a Louisville native all my life and arguebly the biggest expert of the track here (I'm there almost every weekend and planning on racing there this summer...)I'll simply say that more attention needs to be spent on actual details of the track. Yes, "details" does include track width. It shouldn't be to difficult to get the track to resemble the actual track. I already gave my email addy to the creator and offered any help I can. (I'm The Rookie 51 on Ezboards...) But at any rate, it's fun to play around on and it's nice that someone actually thought to do it in the first place. It's a good start, just run with it more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:33 am 

same with this one if any one could post a zip and a pic so i can try it out thnx