MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

Post subject: Malfunxion Junxion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:19 am 
Trackologist

IAM_Clawfford - this guy is probably better known for his rumbles, but here he’s shown he does have what it takes to whip out a racetrack that’s not only unique, but fun as well. In a sense “Malfunxion Junxion” is reminiscent of “Zoon Shock”…the premise, I mean. If you’ve never run “Zoon Shock”…well, I don’t want to go into details about a track I’m not reviewing, but check it out with about 5 or 6 others onboard; you’ll love it!

In short, Clawfford borrowed the road texture from Crazy 98 (so it seems), threw in some rather modest, but very tasteful surroundings, and left it at that. The focus of this track is the “idea” behind it, not pretty scenery on a fancy layout with elevation changes and death defying jumps. I’m guessing he was more interested in people having a lighthearted good time on his track, and if you round up about 6-8 players to run it…you will!

It’s basically a cloverleaf with jumps…small jumps that crossover one another. If the racers get spread out enough over a series of laps, you’re guaranteed to have some intense mid-air collisions, and that’s where the fun is! The other real beauty in this one is often times you don’t see the hit coming, so it kinda “shocks” you. It’s easy to drive, and fun for all levels. If you’re fortunate enough to escape getting sideswiped and are looking for a win, all you need to do is protect the inside lane, and victory will be yours.

To set the record straight, I’m not suggesting or implying Clawfford “copied” Zoon’s idea to come up with this track - not at all. Truthfully, I’m not sure what inspired the concept behind this track, but if it was “Zoon Shock”, he didn’t copy it. The only commonality between the two is the potential for mid-air collisions; everything else is completely different. As far as I’m concerned this is a unique layout with an emphasis on fun, and for that, I tip my hat to the guy. If you’ve played any of his rumbles, you know he typically thinks “outside the box”, and Malfunxion Junxion is simply an example of his creativity on racing side of this two-faceted game.

I’m the kind of guy that likes and appreciates a variety of track types, and this one I definitely like. Clawfford gives you all you need for fun and excitement without trying compensate for the lack of complexity in his layout with excessive clutter (models/bins/etc). Of course, a nice picture of me on a billboard would’ve been great, but this track survives (barely) without it. Hehehe This one earns a “Copey Rating” of 8 out of 10 points for its fun factor, what he did and how he did it, as well as what he didn’t do – the cluttering up thing I mentioned. Simple, but smartly done! Nice job, Clawfford!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:23 pm 
Easily one of my FAVORITE tracks! Cope's already said most of what there is to be said on this track, but I'll add my 2 cents as well.

Since it was the FIRST track I ever really got good at, it has a very comfortable feel to me. A series of right handers, taken right on the edge of traction/slide make it a BLAST once you get your timing down.

While fun with a friend or 2, the REAL beauty to Malfunxion Junxion is what happens when you get a roomful and they get spread out. The crossover jumps ROCK.

Most people on the rumble scene know and respect Claw as a hellacious rumble maker, but make no mistake....the boy can throw together quality race tracks in his SLEEP.

He's not too bad on repainting trucks either Image

Get a little Malfunxion in your life..it's simplicity will keep you hooked for HOURS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:25 pm 
oops....see what happens when you post at 5am? a series of LEFT hand turns, I mean....

sheesh....

Redneck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:09 pm 
Trackologist

Hahaha I was gonna say..."What track is he talkin about?" Good stuff, and thanks for stoppin by, Red!