Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Post subject: Racing to the Finish by IDRAc_Blizzard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 5:35 pm 
Glow Ball

Track - Racing to the Finish
Maker - IDRAc_Blizzard
Genre - Drag

A large outdoor arena with a lot of extras for you to enjoy. The drag area has a couple of racing lines for you to compete on, and includes a J-style course, some car crushing, and some bus jumping. Go outside the arena and it's complete with parking lots, light standards, hot dog stands and a park area too. Drive in the halls of the stadium and you can refresh yourself with a Dr. Pepper while sitting by fold-a-way tables as you take in the veiw through plate glass windows. A lot of thought and work has went into this track and the results are worth it. If you're a drag fan, get this one.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 5:19 am 
Plain and simple: this track ROCKS. A well thought out track with a good U-turn course (although I still think it could have used some turning poles), a good Pro Arena Truck course, and a great freestyle course with some sweet extras in the track. This is a must if you are a drag fan.

My score: 9.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 11:31 am 

I totaly agree. My fav part was going to the left enterance, going as far left as possible, hugging the wall, getting speed, then jumping over the audience and into the track. I loved doing wheelies in this track after jumping. I also enjoyed jumping out of the arena onto the audience.

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:10 pm 

Thank you guys so much....People like you keep me in this game and make me want to do better tracks. I have a few more coming out soon...At lease I hope. lol so you can review them also. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:15 pm 

Heheh! My hot dog stand made a cameo in the review! Expect more funky bins from me in the next ones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 10:52 am 

I don't have this one yet, but I'll grab it.

I have to download them just like you guys ;-}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 3:00 am 

Hey KC you still on ICQ? Because my comptuer crashed and you were on my list. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:09 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-9...The tire tracks are nice, and so is the sand...very realistic and it fits in well with the theme of the track. Some special logos and things even appear as textures. The racing line was shown well through the textures and made navigating the course easy.
MODELS-7...The stands are SUPERB...Some of the best, most unique ones I've seen. Everything else is just average for the most part, however. A lot more things could have been added to make this a better freestyle track, although the buses are nice. There is a bit too much free space on the track for my liking.
MODEL RAMPS-8...You can get hung up on a few things, but most of them are smooth and fluid. The cars were done well too. It would have been nice to see some sideways jumps over the bus available.
LAYOUT-10...A very unique racing layout makes this track worth keeping in the long run. It's a treat to see something this unique and challenging. The racing is what makes this track fun. If you're looking for a lot of freestyle, you won't get much but a van pile and cars.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-8.5...I like the fact that Blizz added a picture for the track selection screen, something that most people fail to do (it's not that hard, guys!). The freestyle takes this score down, but not too far down, because the racing and atmosphere is great. If you just like to freestyle and not race, you probably want to skip this one, but if you're looking for a unique racing course with just a tad of freestyle, you'll love it.
TOTAL SCORE-42.5

------------------
-RobbyH14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:09 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobbyH14:
<B>If you're looking for a lot of freestyle, you won't get much but a van pile and cars.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a great track for racing but for fs all i found was the cars buses and the dirt ramps i did not see a van pile