MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Post subject: Belleville
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:18 am 
Trackologist

My guess is that “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern” are new to the track making arena, and if so, I’d say they got off to a pretty good start! They’re track, “Belleville” consist of 100% paved city road with lots a buildings, and a very modest sampling of models. The roads are very wide, so it easily accommodates 5 or 6 racers, and still allows for room to pass. There are several corner cuts and one big cut from checkpoint 3 to 4. I’m not sure if the small corner cuts save time, but often times when you have 3 or 4 racers in close proximity to one another, it’s good to know what all your options are with respect to the route. It can prove to be pretty handy at times.

Getting back to the models, I was very impressed to find that they’re perfect; you don’t hit what you can’t see, which includes the buildings. The vehicles you see throughout the course are movable, which is nice if you happen to get slammed into one; you don’t flip over due to the violent impact. The only thing I can say with respect to aesthetics is a few of the trees aren’t centered on the decorative borders that circle the tree trunk. Hehe yeah, not much for objective criticism, is it? They simply did a very good job – even the road texture was done very well. All the lines are in the right place and in proper alignment.

The computer trucks can run the course, however they’re not that speedy. If you’re a beginner the trucks will provide enough of a challenge to keep ya busy. Image Actually this is a pretty good track for all levels, but beginners and intermediates should really like it. Lastly, the helicopter works as it should.

There’s not much more to say, really. It’s a very simple layout, pretty fast paced, very few models to speak of…although that’s not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I can’t escape how polished the track looks though – quite impressive. As for my “Copey Rating”, this one cranked out a very well deserved “8” out of 10 possible points!

A very good first effort (if it is your first), Rosencrantz & Guildenstern! It’s great to see new faces out here making tracks, so I sincerely hope this isn’t your last. Feel free to comment on my review, or better yet, tell us more about yourselves! I must say every time I see the name I can’t help but think of a law firm of some sort, but hey, that’s just me lol. Again, excellent work, you two!

------------------
COPE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:38 am 
Somebody should mention this is a <font class="nf">Small Tire</font> track.

Somebody else should mention that <font class="nf">Rosencrantz</font> and <font class="nf">Guildenstern</font> are <font class="nf">Dead</font> (V.ii.376)

A very fine review oh Copious one.

<font size=+2 face=Wingdings>J</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:16 pm 
Trackologist

LOL I tell people all the time to "listen to their insides, go with the gut feelings". I knew the names were bogus (meaning, not MTM 2 track makers lol), which is why I threw in "...or better yet, tell us more about yourselves". I just I couldn't quite understand why the track felt so familiar...very familiar in fact. LOL then it hit me (like just now...12:11 a.m. lol) and I confirmed it by pulling it from my archives (got a ton of tracks on cd - imagine that lol) and running it.

Course, I knew immediately who the author was after reading his comments to my review. Image Shoulda gave it a 3 lol - wondered if he'd have thought it was a good review then lmao. You have too much time on your hands, fella...too much time lol.

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (11-01-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:39 pm 
> I knew the names were bogus (meaning, not MTM 2 track makers lol)

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/search.cgi?search=Rosencrantz+&+Guildenstern

Looks legit to me Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:30 am 
Trackologist

LOL uh-huh. Well for anyone who's curious about what's "truly" being discussed here, run this track (Belleville), and then download "Godzilla vs Bigfoot" and take a few spins on it. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:43 am 
I thought we were talking about Lowrider Central.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:44 am 
There are more thing in heaven and on earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:45 am 
I think I'll go swimming now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:47 am 
I've got too much time on my hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:38 am 
Trackologist

LMAO certifiable lol.

------------------
COPE