FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Post subject: Texas Hold"em by RIP_RATT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:38 pm 

hello....new track at http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=4408

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 pm 

Hey RATT, nice track you have here. I just ran it for the first time tonite, and I must say I really like it. It has a "Pinsane" kinna feel, and it also reminds me of some of the old MTM1 tracks, were the terrain is very demanding. There are also several areas were you need to be carefull on how much you can shave a corner near trees, as they are set to collide, and sometimes you don't hit the tree stump, but still get stopped because the top of the tree model is wider than the bottom. Alot of throttle control is needed on this puppy, and there are times were I found that it works to let completely off the throttle, and just let the truck coast to the corner, and throw in a couple of quick brake-taps, to get around the more demanding corners, to keep the truck on the right line, wich is very distinct on this. And getting out of it, can be very tricky to get back into the fast groove.

There are a few flaws in this track, but I'm not one to pick apart a track too heavlily, especially since the track has already been uploaded. Nothing major, just some texture seams from what I've found. But all in all, thanks for the track RATT. You got the makings of a great track builder. And I hope this is not the last we see of your track making skills. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:58 am 

het...thanx max....i do like demanding tracks....kinda nice to know if ya fall behind you still have a chance to catch up...and yes i do have another couple of tracks in the works....and i did notice the texture flaws and i did try to fix but i was having so much fun racing it i wanted to share....hehe,the next track will be longer and hopefully just as demanding....on the plus side it drives maniac crazy...i have made some textures but not alot of time to spend on it,and max...turn your music on when you race texas holdem...you will get a suprize...crank it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:54 am 

Well, I set the game to play the music during the game, but all I got was a few seconds of music, then it would cut out, and then come back, over and over [bump] Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, but from what I can hear of it, it sounds cool.

The more I run this track, the more I like it ;)

I do think that slipping into the 2's is possible.... Sorry to have to keep updating for the page Phin, but I can't help it, this track rocks! *cough-Flag this-cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:06 am 
Glow Ball

Quote:
*cough-Flag this-cough*

You should either take something for that or send me a nice in-game screenshot of the track with no finder or map clutter in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:20 pm 

I was curious if anyone has tried making that last jump before check 11 and clearing the little jump in front of 11?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:32 am 

As to jumping the hill going to cp 11, I don't think it is possible. Because you have to snake around the mountian on the left side comming from the bridge, and almost clip it, to keep the maximum amount of speed possible to carry you as far up the hill, before cp 11 as possible. My front wheels come farily close, but I think if you were to clear it with your front tires, it would nose-dive the truck, and you would flip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:37 am 
Glow Ball

Quote:
Will this work Sir?

Looks like it did.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=RIP_RATT

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:38 am 

dern your fast Phin, lol. I just posted that pic about 5 minutes ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:25 am 

Quote:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/uLtRaMaX14/TexasHoldem_2_02_83.jpg

hehe Darn Max got this one all for himself lol, i could not get under 07's. Perhaps copey's right, i Use to be more than i am [(-:]
Do you mind if i post your score MaX?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:40 am 

Sure Jumper go ahead.

I doubt you have lost any of your edge, Jump. You still one of MTM2's fastest. You just need to knock the dust off your comp is all. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:19 am 

Can you take another pic without the black marker on the first line?

Wile you're at it, it's optional bud it would be great to post a replay of one of them laps in 03's or lower along with your comments / recommendations. The replay record well up to 3 laps

Score is posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:56 am 

I'll work on a replay later tonite...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:50 pm 

Bumpy track.

Well, I managed a 2.34 after 5 laps. [bump] 30 secs slower... is there any short??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:50 pm 

Quote:
I managed a 2.34 after 5 laps. 30 secs slower... is there any short??

I found 2 small short,
one just after cp 5 (jump over the wall on the left) and another one after cp 9 (climb the wall on the right)

i just record this replayto show you wile waiting for MaX ( he's the true master of this one)
Have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:27 am 

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/ ... _02_08.jpg

I have a 3 lap replay,that includes the 2:02:08, but I don't know were to upload the zip to host it . :( Lil' help maybe?

Texas Hold'em

900 ms

This is a three lap replay. With lap two of 2:02:08. There are two cuts on this track, that are very tricky. The first one is at checkpoint 5, were you have to loop the truck around while clipping the checkpoint, and doubling back and "thread the needle" so to speek, between the down-side of the terrain, and the tree as shown. Wich requires you to throw the truck at an odd angle, to snake past everything cleanly. The second is at cp 10, on this one it helps to heli-stop just before the cp, and prosede on while looping the truck around clipping the checkpoint, and jumping between the terrain hole, to the ground, were you heli-to-bridge. The rest is all about following the line shown and using plenty of throttle control in many area's, and even tapping the brake at times during some corners, to slide the truck, to get better approaches to your turns. There are times were keeping your momentum is key, while in others spots, it's about finesse with throttle control, steering, and shifting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:47 am 
easy company

Send the replay to me or Phin, and also to Jumper. We'll get it hosted up.

Thanks man... This track makes me dizzy and I can't even get close to anything respectable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:21 am 

Mal, Phin, and Jump, you got mail ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am 

it's up on my page, thanks very very much for that replay. It got me from mid 07's to low 05's so i guess it will help many to figureout how to run this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:49 pm 
easy company

Very clever with the short cuts there, John Doe [;)]