MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

Post subject: Ideas On Crandall 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:15 pm 

Anyone that donwloaded Crandall or Crandall Edited knows neiter of those tracks were my shining moment. I might make a Crandall 2, but I need some ideas first. Nothin too crazy either like a volocano track or one that is flooded etc. Just a nice one because I live in Crandall. So just post your ideas here and I might make it into the track.

Thanx
<center>Image drdre_37 Image</center>
My Website

------------------
I didn't end up coming to that conclusion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:00 am 
Trackologist

Thanks for stopping in, drdre_37. Image Far be it for me to say that this isn't the way to go about acquiring ideas for a track. In fact, there are no established rules that I know of pertaining such a topic. However, I will say that by in large most the track makers I know get ideas from a myriad of sources, to include a movie they enjoyed, a book they read, real life childhood experiences, other tracks (amazing, huh lol)), places they've been...on and on. Truthfully the only limits you have are those imposed by your own imagination.

I suppose the bottom line is don't be surprised to find your thread light on the response side. By in large most aren't used to seeing threads whereby track makers are soliciting ideas from the general community. The norm is for MTMers to wait patiently on the sidelines and wait for track makers to release one of their creations, and <u>then</u> they may or may not swing by to post comments on your work.

Not trying to discourage you from using the forums here at MTMG, however, I felt it necessary to clue you in about the probability of what to expect. Image

I'm just getting back in the swing of things - working on 2 track reviews. Definitely check back here from time to time because a few of your tracks are definitely on my "hit list". Take care, dre. Image

Edit: By the way, dre - forgot to add this link for ya. There are a few track ideas posted there that may interest ya.

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (30-04-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:40 am 

Ideas... hmmm, this is difficult. Most of my tracks i created them "blindly". Had a few sections pictured well in my head and that was what i used to create a track. Everything else was just blindly created and tweaked at the end to a happy result.

------------------
"In my restless dreams, I see that town, Silent Hill..." - Mary, Silent Hill 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:08 am 

For sometime now i've been expecting something like The Taliban chase or some sort of desert ride going trough a mountain by a cave that finish on some kind of airstrip but it never came.

How about the rush to Bagbad? Just go for it with any type of rally 3 to 3 and 1/2 min lap track. That would do nice in my collection.

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:08 pm 

Not meaning to offend you Jumper but I am not Taliban and I live on a farm, Crandall is a small village with a pop. of 17 I think. Why would I do a Taliban chase?<font size=+5 face=Wingdings>N</font>

<center>Image drdre_37 Image</center>

------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:28 pm 

I have no idea why, i was just trowing ideas out of no where. Theme is a very actual one but hey! No matter what you come out with it's cool with me.

------------------
Jumper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:09 pm 
Glow Ball

drdre_37,

Please be nice. Didn't you say "just post your ideas here and I might make it into the track"? Jumper was just offering ideas that occurred to him. You are free to use it or not. But when somebody takes the time to repond to your question, then the least you can do is be courteous for the effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:25 pm 

Ok,ok, Im sorry, it's just that I didn't mean it like that, and the first post sais that I didn't wan't anything like a volcano or a flooded track, meaning theme based tracks, but I guess, thax for the idea.

------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:24 am 

"Taliban Chase" IS a theme...and one I like! Maybe call it "Osama-Rama Rally"...heh heh....

....Just before the finish line, you find him as a flattened roadkill pancake embedded into the track's surface.....I like the caves idea too...

You wouldn't want just Farm Road type suggestions, would you?

------------------
- BigDOGGe's Boneyard ...The Best Custom Trucks in MTM2 -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:21 am 

Yeah DoGGe!"Osama-Rama Rally"... You sure got the picture i had in mind. hehehe!! You do us something like that i bet we'll still be racing laps on it long after MS kick us out of their servers...

Np problem with your reply either drdre. No offence there. Everything is cool with me.
------------------
Jumper

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_Jumper (02-05-2003)</font>

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_Jumper (02-05-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:51 am 

LOL, I think you guys just gave someone ELSE an idea for a track....pretty good one I might add, hehe.

As long as it's Fast and Smooth, with plenty of room for pals to race with...I'm all for it!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:26 am 
Hello Drdre_37, The oval in Crandell it-self would be 1 nice race. I'm not saying it would Crandell #2, but The Crandell-Oval sounds nice! Just an ideal, Please thank about it. Thanks 4 your time-Charles