MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

Post subject: Vulture Peak by Guitar Bill
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 4:58 am 
Glow Ball

Multiple racing lines, some high speed, and custom models and textures mark this track for distinction. There is almost too many details, and there are so many minute touches, that it would take a catalogue to list them all. So, briefly, using farm road textures as the base, things just take off from there. The highlight of the models, of course, is the animated, flying vultures. The altitude, road work, and banked corners are a-one quality. And, if your thing is to explore, you'll find out just what a warped sense of humor G.B. really has. Multiplayer action is terrific.

This has to be one of the all-time great mtm2 tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:48 am 
Glow Ball

Still one of my favs

details.cgi?thistrack=707

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:02 pm 
Trackologist

Oh yeah!! This is without question one of my all-time great tracks! A really good lap is around the 2:04 mark, but if you're only average on it (like me), expect 2:07s...provided you know the cuts, and there are quite a few.

As Phin said, the workmanship is top-notch, and the layout is nothing short of superb. If you're a racer who likes a little speed with your finesse...or maybe a little finesse with your speed, do yourself a favor and check this one out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:58 am 
easy company

Vulture Peak is one of just a handfull of tracks that has not only withstood the tests of time as a great race track but seems to get better with age.

aside from the track i wonder where mtm2 would be today if it were not for GuitarBills other masterpiece, Traxx? :o)

Quote:
A really good lap is around the 2:04 mark...

Yep, in fact i saved an old screen of the RAT team doing some practice laps for an upcoming tourney way back when, that shows just that time... very good but not quite up to par with the likes of GTX_Bug running 1:58's :o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:28 am 
Trackologist

Oh yeah!! I see RIP_TK in that screenie! He was my bud, and THE guy who taught me quite a bit about racing (a mentor of sorts). Super nice, and extremely fast. He logged on not too long ago. Hehe tell ya, some of these guys from way back when are like celebrities to me lol.

Only ran Bug once, and I was still very much a rookie. He and AXE_adoob were runnin Swiss Alps, Wun Lake, ZMX, few others, and they let me in the room hehe. I was awestruck at how fast those guys were, just amazed. After the thrashing, doob took me aside to give me a few pointers, which I thought was kinda cool. Wish the community was more like it used to be in that respect, but...can't complain; MTM 2 is still kickin!

Great stuff, Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:51 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malibu350:
<B>aside from the track i wonder where mtm2 would be today if it were not for GuitarBill's other masterpiece, Traxx? :o)
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man! Without Traxx I cannot see the community being even fraction of what it is today - it's a marvelous product that simplified the editing of this game. I wish he could realize what Traxx has done for the individual user as well as the community at large (same goes for OP and BinEdit). Those two fellows created programs that have been used DAILY, for YEARS and YEARS by many people all over the earth.

Apart from the fact that Guitar Bill was able to figure out just about every single facet of our game from a programming standpoint (which is quite amazing), he then created an editor to tweak every bit of it, and then released the tool to everyone, and then <a href=http://mtm2.com/~traxx/>created tracks as good as any ever made</a>!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:37 pm 

6 years later..... I found Dr Scrote! [rofl]

I've been reading up on Bills tracks (to glean ideas) and was intrigued by his notes about Vulture Peak. When I first ran it (6 years ago) I thought it was a great race track then. This time around I decided to explore rather than race and as Phin says in his opening comment there is SO much in this track. From every aspect it serves as a benchmark for what can be achieved using Traxx. Invisible ramps, animated textures, great layout and terrain transitions, too much to mention.

BTW here is Dr Scrote (the flames are animated) [:-)]