MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Post subject: Repainting track models
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:21 pm 
Glow Ball

We have a new member who's a bit reluctant to post in the forum. I've coached him (I think it's a him) on repainting a truck, but there comes a time when we must step out and allow everybody to learn and benefit from (or contribute to) the discussion. So.... the question is:

> is there a tutorial or something that explains how to repaint models from tracks you've downloaded?

Not exactly. Use the truck repaint tutorial but instead of extracting truck2.pod you'd extract the track with the model you want, instead of bigfoot.bin you'd use the model.bin you want, instead of bigfoot1.raw file you'd use the files the model uses. It's exactly the same only you adjust what you do for the purpose you have in mind.

The thing that makes mtm2 so much fun is you can do almost anything. You just have to be creative and enjoy problem solving. Here is my favorite example of what I mean. People used to say this was impossible, but as you will see it's very much possible.

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=3693

The same thing goes for your work. The tutorials we have give you the basics you need. Then you take that information and make it work for you. Nobody is ever going to make a tutorial that says here's how you paint grave digger, and another that says here's how you paint war wizard. Because in truth both are exactly the same as doing the repaint tutorial. You learn the programs and then you figure out how to make what you want, whether that's making replica trucks or repainting track models. Along the way, if you get stumped, ask in the forum. There are a lot of helpful and friendly people around who would like to see you do well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:54 pm 

is their a tutorial that doesnt use paint shop pro? I dont know how to use it and im not forking over money for it, I do have fireworks, can I use that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:06 pm 
Glow Ball

You can use the same tutorials for fireworks. The cpod repaint tutorial doesn't get into the specifics of the paint program. It shows how to extract the pod, find the files, rename them, and change texture names in the bin. The paint program you use doesn't matter just as long as you can swtich the color depth back and forth from high color to low color, and you know how to use the tools. I haven't used fireworks myself but I can't see why it would work just as well.