MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm

Post subject: Connecting to Rengames
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:47 pm 

If you have checked the racing part of the forum you will know i cannot connect to rengamesonline.com at all.

However i am able to enter the lobby using the rengames.exe which finds itself on the desktop after the installation.

That's neat but can i trick it into leading me straight to the tourney room? As it stands if my ISP doesn't fix the situation i cannot come to the tourney as i cannot find any links to open the tourney room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 pm 
Glow Ball

Does anything here help

http://rengamesonline.com/modules.php?name=FAQ

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:53 pm 
easy company

I sure hope you get it sorted out Fila... it's great to have you there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:58 am 

Phineus wrote:

Phin, what part of "i cannot access rengamesonline.com" didn't you get? :)

For me at this moment the address rengamesonline.com is dead, absolutely dead. I cannot access it. I can however log into the main MTM2 lobby with the rengames.exe on my desktop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:46 am 

After a cursory glance I've concluded the FAQ is no help on this problem.

Fila, I haven't heard of being able to log into the lobbys straight via the RenGames.exe - mine when I double-click my desktop shortcut just opens the RenGames website (in my browser) and I have to launch the lobby off the webpage. I wonder what you've got different. My guess is you might have a shortcut that specifies some parameters for the RenGames.exe (I know the lobby can be launched in different modes and connect to different sources using some command line arguments).

I did some snooping into the page source of the RenGames page and found I could read some login and port information from the launch link. Added that to what I know about the command line arguments and did some experimenting...

Okay, I have it. Right-click your shortcut to RenGames.exe (or make a new one) and choose properties. In the Target box you should have something like

"C:\Program Files\RenGames\RenGames.exe"

with possibly some command parameters following it. The parameters go as follows:

UserName,Password,UserID,IP,Port

UserName is your RenGames nick, preceded by rengamesonline://
Eg. rengamesonline://Drive2Survive

Password is a looong hexadecimal string which I assume is your login password encrypted.
Eg. 123456abcdef123456abcdef

UserID is your RenGames user ID number.
Eg. 10721

IP: for RenGames appears to be 3518076274.

Port: This seems to define what game you connect to. The MTM2 Social room is on 3201. The Tourney room is 2202.

To sum up. You want the Target line of your shortcut to look something like this:

To connect to Social room:
"C:\Program Files\RenGames\RenGames.exe" rengamesonline://Drive2Survive,123456ab ... 76274,3201

To connect to Tourney room:
"C:\Program Files\RenGames\RenGames.exe" rengamesonline://Drive2Survive,123456ab ... 76274,2202

Hopefully you can get the information for your password string and ID number from your existing shortcut that takes you to the social room, and can either modify that shortcut or make a new one to point to the Tourney room port.

For everyone else, if you want to doctor yourselves up a desktop shortcut, visit this page (make sure you're logged in):

http://rengamesonline.com/modules.php?n ... sterTruck2

Then view the page source and a few lines from the top should be something that looks like this:

Code:
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
function openlobby(ip, port){
url = 'rengamesonline://Drive2Survive,123456abcdef123456abcdef,10721,'+ip+','+port+'/';
window.location = url;
}
</SCRIPT>

Get the first three elements (UserName,Password,UserID) from there, and the IP and port numbers from this post (or find them elsewhere in the page source), put into a shortcut as I described and you should be golden.

Fingers crossed. [uhuh] At least its working for me.

Let us know if that works, Fila [tu][td]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:22 pm 

This is really weird. Now indeed the rengames.exe doesn't work for me anymore :? It just tries to open rengamesonline.com this time.

This is really weird :D And i have entered the social lobby multiple times because i tried it over and over again to be sure it is working and it worked. I have no idea what changed between now and then. This is just confusing.

Guess my only solution is to pester my ISP until they fix it but i doubt it will be anytime soon. I am supposed to have 6mbps speed but it won't go over 2.5mbps and the tech guys are incapable of fixing it (and they actually tried to, even came to my house to check all the wires/connections)

I miss my home where i have the same ISP but they seem to know what they are doing. I have the same 6mbps connection at home and it works with 6mbps and when i had trouble accessing sites (it happened there as well) they replied and fixed it in around 2-3 days knowing what the problem was in 5min of calling.

Over here i called them and they were just as confused as i am :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:36 pm 

i hate to say this, but mine does the same thing, and on a few other sites too, including my own forum, but not other forums. And I know what it is, its IE, its a virus that takes over windows completely and your internet. At least thats what it is for me, im getting formated now.

On that note, mysteriously my XP key is no longer valid, I know some people have upgraded to vista, can one of you uh, please give me your key? I'd be extrmely grateful, as it stands, to get a key costs about 500 bucks. If I don't get a key, there is a good chance ill be uh, offline, for about the enxt two years, while just using ye ole computer with its 200mhz of glory, thats enough for the site, cause of the 56k consideration, but not much else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:47 pm 

Well you obviously managed to get into the tourney room yesterday, Fila. To what turn of events did we owe the pleasure?

Slayer, perhaps if you call Microsoft and tell them your key doesn't work they will give you another? If you can prove you legally own the product, they should make sure there is no activation issue that prevents you from using it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:24 am 

Yeah my ISP fixed it with about 12 hours to go :D

So i got lucky this time [(-:]