MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Post subject: Hillclimb by Nome66
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:30 pm 

Well I took a look at this new track called "Gravelrama Hill Climb" by "Nome66" and I have an issue with this. I'm not one that complains much about this, and I'm not sure what the policy about this is on mtm2.com, but he used my textures without asking me, giving me credit in the zip file, or even asking me. Now, I went into winpod to double check, just to make sure they were mine, and yes they were:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5778 ... resxw0.jpg

Taken right from my Outdoor Jam tracks I made last year. Now by no means am I a "credit nazi" or whatever you would call someone like that, but I'd like credit for those textures in there. My biggest beef with this deal, is that I wasn't even asked by him if he could sue them, and he didn't even give me credit in a readme....which he doesn't have in there. If he gave me credits in the readme, I would have no problem, but I like the common courtesy of asking to use my things.

Again, I'm not sure how you deal with this kind of issue on here, but I'd like somthing done to straighten this out.

Thanks.

Steve "Crazyman9"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:58 pm 

HAte to get another one, but I looked at another one of his tracks, he used the same textures of mine from my Outdoor Jam 2006 tracks without my permission there either, thats his "Super Drag" track. He had a readme in there, but it gave no credit to anyone and it just said "its a penda style track thats hard to stop". And heres a screen shot for re-assurence:
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4199 ... es2qm9.jpg

Again, sorry to complain, but I'd like the credit where the credit is due. Thats 2 tracks that I wasn't given credit for textures used in or even asked if he could use those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:18 pm 
easy company

The guy appears to be new to mtm so i'm sure he was unaware of any necessary permissions. Maybe you can try contacting him through the forum email and explain that in some cases it is proper to "ask first" and include credits where credits are due, educate him.

In the meantime we can insert a credits readme to the exsisting zip file if that would make you feel more at ease, or if you'd prefer we could turn the track off... I'd prefer to see the first option since he's new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:27 pm 

I don't want it removed, but if you could put a readme in there, I would be happy.
I'm also going to email him about that and tell him how it goes in the mtm2 community when it comes to using other peoples things.
Thanks Malibu.

EDIT: Malibu, I don't see him on the members list, any other way I coul dget a hold of him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:33 pm 
easy company

I'll get it taken care of tonite.

If you do contact him be sure and let him know that any textures under my name on the dl pages are free to use without permission. One of my main goals with all the evo stuff I did was to make more free range textures and models available besides the stock mtm tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:34 pm 
easy company

> ...any other way I coul dget a hold of him?

We could post a review of the tracks in question, i'm sure he'll see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 pm 
Glow Ball

No problem, Crazyman9. Read me file added to both track downloads, and review link linked to here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 pm 

Thanks Phineus, I really appreciate it.

Hopefully if he sees this...

Nome66, when you make a track or truck, and extract textures, models, or anything from another maker's track, make sure you create a readme in the zip file before you upload it to a site that gives credit to everyone that made a model or texture in the track you released. I'm sure you, if you've been to college or high school doing a research paper or anything, you must give the person that you gainned the information from credit to his work, otherwise its called plagiarism. Its the same deal here in the mtm2 community, make sure you give credit where the credit is due. And like malibu said, anything found in "scrapyards" are free to use without giving credit.

Anyone else here is free to add anything to that if I missed anything in there.

Thanks again Phineus and Malibu for fixing this up for me, I really appreciate it. Thanks!

-Steve "Crazyman9"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:43 am 

I'm now on the site as a member.
to let you know, i don't know how to make an art file. so i've been using other people's art files. i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i don't have any other choice,really. where do i get one of those neat pictures on the side? [>>>] [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:34 am 

Next time you make a track, make sure you get a hold of me and ask for permission, because there are some textures I don't want anyone using-like those Dodge and Carquest Auto Parts starting lines, because those are textures for SPHRA tracks only.

Ask me next time and make sure you give credit to the person who made it in a readme file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:46 am 

im sure we are all guilty of this at some point.

Post subject: terribly sorry
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:06 pm 

i'm very sorry about all of that. yo crazy, you get my email? [doh]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Welcome to my world Crazy... come on in, have a look around, grab a beer...