A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

Post subject: Vengeance 1
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:44 am 

Vengeance 1
by runt9

This is the first truck in a line of trucks. It took me a long time to make this truck, and I am very proud of it. The paint is probably my best yet, as I hand-painted the flames. The frame is 100% by me. That was a large project and I'm happy of the way it came out. Here's a little story to go with the truck:

In January 2006, a man named Alex Vester made his triumphant comeback to the sport of monster trucks down in Houston, Texas. It was the first time he had been behind the wheel of a monster truck since 2001. He slowly started climbing the ranks up until July. In August, he had an ultimate downfall. He retreated from the sport, supposedly never to return. In October, he returned once more, a changed man. His skills became evermore apparent. At his one year anniversary of his return, he became considered one of the top racers and freestylers in the monster truck world today. He struggled around with other teams and trucks, and finally got the urge to work by himself again. He started work on Vengeance, in rememberance of all his doubters. He claims it's his "...way to show the world that I'm not a nobody, I'm a somebody, and it's about time I get some respect for it...". He made his own frame, copyrighting the Vester Style©, which is a mix of Patrick and Racesource chassis styles. Now he continues to stand atop the sport with other great drivers.

Credits:
Body - Xtreme_RTM
Paint - runt9
Frame - runt9
Shocks - Slick
Engine - Slick
Fuel Cell - BigDogge
Radiator Fan - BigDogge
Axles - TRI
Tires - Slick

If I missed anyone or anyone would not like their parts used, please notify me (runt9ab on AIM) and I will remove it as soon as possible.

Also, it took a good amount of time to make this frame. If you use my frame, PLEASE give proper credit in your readme or I WILL ask for the truck to be removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:26 pm 

the modeling is definitly top notch, i have some minor issues with the paint tho.

I know you said it was your best work, and it is good.

The front green area, looks like it was made with a rectangle, it just doesn't fit, the effect really jumps out at me possibly where there is no flame gushing out, round it and pull it inwards to the green. This should remove the hidden line of the rectangle you used.

Also I dont much care for the window colours, they really stand out and look blocky, I don't know if you have control over that though, but if you do, maybe a darker color, or some blending or something?

Other than those two things I do really like it, I won't comment on the colour choice since I do realize ur trying to reproduce the real thing.

All in all I like it.

Drawing of the rectangles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:32 pm 

i did make a rectangle and then draw the flames, it seemed a bit easier on my part for me. the green is my personal preference, as it hasn't really been done WELL before. red on black and white on black have been done very well, i figured i'd try something new, and it turned out looking pretty good. and as for the window, it is possible to fix, and i'll probably take your advice and make it darker on the next truck i make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:55 pm 

super nice truck man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:27 pm 

Thats a cool thingy