MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Post subject: DirectX
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:45 am 

Hey guys is there anyway possible Directx could somewhat improve the graphics and gameing of MTM2?? if so where can i download it and how do i run it while gameing MTM2
Thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:01 am 
Trackologist

If you're running XP and you've installed SP2, directx is installed. As for improving the gameplay, are you having issues in the form of lockups, stuttering, excessive lag? If not, what you're experiencing is probably as good as it's going to get.

My impression is that you're new to the game, and if so, MTM 2 can't begin to compare with some of the other racing games visually. Still, this game is extremely well supported by a community of folks who've been around for a while, AND the versility of this game (which includes the number of add-ons available) is second to none in my opinion.

Ok, I'm done trying to sell you on a game you already have lol. You ever play online, Kasey9fan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:17 am 

Yeah its not a big deal i know the game is a few years old and what you guys have done to this game is amazing after being almost a 10 yr old game. This game is alot like one of my Nascar games called NR2003 old but still the most realistic of its kind same for MTM2 IMO. But thanks for your help ill just deal, oh and nah i haven't raced online yet im not sure where to go for that but thats besides the point hehe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:45 am 

few years??? try 10 lol

btw, you can use like your nvidia control panel to increase the graphics a bit. or try riva tuner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:08 pm 
Glow Ball

Just to say the obvious.... for graphics:

On the menu > options > graphics

You'll see a box called simulation resolution - set it to 640x480

and ...

You'll see a box called Graphics Renderer - set it to Direct3D (Most hardware)

Once you've done that, the "hardware options" button will be active. Click it and you can set the accelerated graphics port to triple buffering. You can also increase the view distance (visibility) to 100%.

and...

in the Image Quality box, select High (slower). It's not really slower on today's computers.

I think once you've done those few things you'll really enjoy the improved image quality.

----------------------------

For online play, try:

http://rengamesonline.com/modules.php?n ... sterTruck2

You have to register just as you would on a forum, and then download and install their client program. It's non-intrusive and simple to use.

For info on racing tournaments, try here: http://shadowprincess.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:54 pm 

Hey thanks Phineus but i have tried that before and when i do the screen/gameplay all goes white and or it just shuts off idk i guess my dell is just a piece of work lol but thanks again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:41 pm 
Glow Ball

sometimes you can fix that if you update the graphics drivers, if you can

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 pm 

yeah update your drivers, and as for the slow downs of todays computers, the computers of 1997 didn't slow down from it either don't worry lol the MTM2 graphics engine is lean strong enough for that, but they didn't make it very expandable, thats the only problem. they did try afterall to make the game fit on 512k video cards if need be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:34 am 

DirectX is required. Without it, MTM2 wouldn't be able to talk to your graphics card.

MTM2 comes with a version of DirectX (5 I think?). The newest version is 9 or 10 or something. Don't worry - you're all set in the DirectX department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:15 pm 

Ok another question.. Im not a big computer guy as you all can see so how and where do you go to update your drivers??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:32 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Kasey9fan wrote:
Ok another question.. Im not a big computer guy as you all can see so how and where do you go to update your drivers??

First you need your graphics card name, then do some googling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:14 am 

Kmaster wrote:
First you need your graphics card name

To find that out...
  1. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties
    (or, go into Control Panel and double-click the System applet)
  2. Click the Hardware tab at the top, then click the Device Manager button. A window will open listing your computer's hardware.
  3. Click the '+' next to Display Adaptors, and tell us what is shown there for the name of your graphics hardware.

If you see something like "NVIDIA GeForce" you can download your driver updates from www.nvidia.com
    If you see something like "ATI Radeon", go to www.ati.com
    If it shows something else, you may be stuck with integrated (2D) graphics, in which case the 3D-accelerated effects are unavailable to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:46 pm 

Ok its Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Its crappy.. (Was built in to cpu when we purchased it) So its nothing like Nivida or any of the good drivers/cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 pm 

your kinda stuck then, you can prolly still fiddle a bit, I dunno if RivaTuner can help though when You dont have a card at all, it might still let you add anti aliasing etc. ive never tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:31 pm 

Kasey9fan wrote:
Ok its Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Its crappy.. (Was built in to cpu when we purchased it) So its nothing like Nivida or any of the good drivers/cards.

That Intel isn't really all that bad, it just needs a little "tweaking" ... but it is still just a "consumer grade" video. You best performance with it will be with the drivers from the computer brand (if it's HP or Compaq) otherwise the latest/greatest directly downloaded from Intel is your best bet.

One nice thing about it, tho ... it usually disables (or is ignored) easily if you simply install a nice video card in the machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:53 pm 

Well i need a video card anyhow ill have to find some decent ones on ebay or something.. btw this a dell computer.. but yea let me know if you guys find out how to anyway or how to upgrade this thing. Thanks for all your help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:38 pm 

Just need to know if you are PCI Express (and what level) or AGP (and what level).

Then getting a video card is pretty easy, just go to a radio shack or w/e you can get em pretty cheap. nvidia 5200's are worth like 20~30 bucks now and thats plenty of power for average users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:56 pm 

AGP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:38 pm 

Kasey9fan wrote:
AGP

Hmmm ... the empty AGP port exists inside? On some integrated systems, the slot that appears to be an AGP port may only be for expansion of the existing built-in video ...

However, since there usually is only one AGP port at best, it's a pretty safe bet you've got PCI slots available as well. Would be nice to know if any of the PCI slots happen to be PCI Express.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:29 pm 

ugh im not sure man, i know nothing about computers really.. so i think im just gonna have to get an actual video card or something.