MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

Post subject: swampin by onan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:54 am 

nice track i finally got to run it. it reminds me of rideing dirt bikes through the wheat fields up home in Ill. without the trees of course. my time 2.48.57 2000 ms once again nice job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:18 pm 
Trackologist

Yes, it's a nice track, but it would've been a much better track if not for the collision properties on those bolders. I spoke with Nick about it when he released it, and he said he ran out of model space, so adjusting the collision properties wasn't possible. If this track had gone through beta testing, I would've suggested sacrificing a few weeds or a trees here and there so that those bolders could be fixed. Nowadays I think it's unacceptable to have to worry about hitting portions of a model you can't see. In days gone by that was status quo, but not now; it's too easy to fix.

No disrespect to Nick intended at all - he's without a doubt one heck of a track maker, but the fact is quite a few of his tracks have this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:05 am 

actually it's not that easy cope... i'd have to add at least 2 boxes in each rock to sorta "cut the corners off" leaving me with a practically barren track after i removed enough stuff to make it happen