MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:50 pm 

There's another logo. I can use this:

It's a sportswear company. Or I can change this to Fila:

[:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:28 pm 

Howabout a nice "Cale Cola" sign [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:43 pm 
Glow Ball

Don't you mean Coca-Cale? <ul><li><a href="http://www.icubed.com/~colagrrl/font.zip">font.zip</a></li></ul>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:30 am 

Phineus wrote:
Just remember, Fila, you're already a member too.

Yes but you're the glow ball, you attract more attention ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:53 am 

How about these?

The Slickster one is a mini-tribute, from me, to the greatest tr?ck maker ever to grace MTM2.com. He really did have a Passion for Excellence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:14 am 

Sweet, thanks a lot guys. I can make those in higher resolution for you now. So we have:

Coca-Cale (obvious)
MTM (BMW)
Binedit (Suzuki)
Slickster (Bridgestone)

Should I use these to fill in the rest of the missing barriers in the stadium then? And has anyone got good, non-stock ambulance and fire truck models? :)

[edit] This is very helpful: What the Font. You put a picture of a font in and it works out which font it is.

Coca-Cale for example. I admit I had to play about with it to make the second C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:54 am 

Hehe Phin, I kinda liked the MTMG Mental Morons too. [;)] Or maybe the MTMG Manic Mechanics one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:42 am 

Quote:
Should I use these to fill in the rest of the missing barriers in the stadium then?

That's what we created them for, lol... it's your decision. Glad I could help. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:18 pm 

NIR_Cr@$hC@rt wrote:
Coca-Cale for example. I admit I had to play about with it to make the second C.

That is awesome! 8) And thanks for the "What the Font?" link, I'll be using that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 am 

NIR_Cr@$hC@rt, I have a suggestion for the actual track if I may? I found that it is very easy to miss checkpoints, so some kind of visual clue would help lots... a line scraped in the dirt, as wide as the checkpoint, would be perfect for this kind of track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:33 am 

E J D wrote:
NIR_Cr@$hC@rt, I have a suggestion for the actual track if I may? I found that it is very easy to miss checkpoints, so some kind of visual clue would help lots... a line scraped in the dirt, as wide as the checkpoint, would be perfect for this kind of track.

There will be checkpoint markers of some sort. I haven't found anything that looks convincing for a real race event, so that's why there are no markers in the current beta. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:59 am 

I think it's just about finished. I've reached the model limit trying to make it complex, interesting and realistic. You do get a big FPS drop in the stadium section, so a lot of models are set to Complex or Normal. I decided against obvious CP markers, but there are trees there. Any trees close the the track generally indicate a checkpoint, but keep to the dirt and you'll be fine. :D

Could you guys just run through this final beta so I can fix up any bugs and release it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 am 
Trackologist

Sure thing, bud. Unfortunately I won't get to it for another 9 hours lol, but I'll be glad to check it out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:41 am 
easy company

I ran it with all graphic options cranked up and saw no studder, at all.

I'd slope the bottom edge of this corner base. If you slide off you can't drive back up which could be faster than calling the heli.
http://malibu350.com/mtmg/dustbowl1.jpg

There's a few minor texture seams you might want to patch up.
http://malibu350.com/mtmg/dustbowl2.jpg

If you generate a custom track palette I think it'll much improve the dirts blotchiness.

A notch or two up on the Lightings shadow and darkness scale?

nice work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 am 

Quote:
I ran it with all graphic options cranked up and saw no studder, at all.

That's good, must be something on my end then. I did have 16 different windows open. [(-:]

Quote:
I'd slope the bottom edge of this corner base. If you slide off you can't drive back up which could be faster than calling the heli.

OK, that's not hard to fix.

Quote:

I'll do my best with those, they took up quite a bit of time early on, but I never got the joins quite right.

Quote:
If you generate a custom track palette I think it'll much improve the dirts blotchiness.

I did make a custom palette, but I think the other colours for sponsors and such left fewer colour spaces for the dirt.

Quote:
A notch or two up on the Lightings shadow and darkness scale?

Yeah, that's something I experimented with earlier, it would looks nice with strong shadows going down the hill. However, the dirt on the ground boxes wasn't affected, so it went from nice and dark to normal brightness, which didn't look all that good.

Thanks for the feedback Mal, and I'm looking forward to what Copey has to say. I remember a few years ago he managed to find the only floating tree on one track, which was way out on the back of the circuit. :D

It'd be nice to see this used for some top-quality racing, I'd like to know what the tourney racers make of the wide, fast track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:13 am 
Trackologist

Quote:
I remember a few years ago he managed to find the only floating tree on one track, which was way out on the back of the circuit.

I don't recall what track that was on, but I must've been desperate to find something lolol. Don't get your hopes up too much, bud. It looked pretty darn good when I ran through it a few weeks ago, so odds are I won't find anything. But if desperation sets in again I might suggest something like . . . removing the Malibu and Cownap banners so you can make mine bigger lol. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:22 am 

SLO_COPE wrote:
Quote:
I remember a few years ago he managed to find the only floating tree on one track, which was way out on the back of the circuit.

I don't recall what track that was on, but I must've been desperate to find something lolol.

It was the 3rd GP track I made, I forget the name. The one in the snow. It had a really fast series of corners with only trees near them, and just one was floating. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:47 am 
easy company

Quote:
Quote:

I'll do my best with those, they took up quite a bit of time early on, but I never got the joins quite right.

I'm not suggesting redoing a large section. What I do and have done many times when things don't quite line up is zero in on the exact two opposing mismatched tiles in traxx's texture box then copy paste them into psp and create a matching tile set from those two or however many it takes to cover up the track width, in your case it would be a matter of six?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:54 am 

I made 3 in Photoshop by skewing the originals to line up, and mirrored them for the other sides of the track. It all fits nicely now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 am 

Sorry, have to bump this up again.

There is one thing this track is missing, in my opinion, and that is crowd noise. I have lots of WAV files of people cheering and airhorns and such, but I don't know how to get them to play in the game. Is there a way to make the sounds play when you go past spectators?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next