MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 am 

Big AI problems. They tend to fall off the elevated bridge, and even if they make it onto the bridge they turn off halfway through... I'd suggest getting into the game, just you on the track, then type "demo" on the keyboard. That'll make the AI drive your truck and you can see for yourself how the AI drives the track. I'm sure you've seen Disposable's thread in General Discussion?

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=4821&start=0

BTW, it's great to see my logos in the track! It ran with no problems at all, except for the AI. [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 am 

I'll work on them, do I need to adjust the Main path or path #2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:46 am 
Trackologist

When I came home for lunch last night, I forwarded the pics I took to work so that I could post them there - everything was quiet at the time. Upon returning to work, our major systems started freakin' out, which pretty much ruined the rest of my night, killing any chance I had of dropping a few lines (and pics) in here.

At any rate, I only noticed a few things:

1. You know, these trees are just . . . weird. From one angle they look like they're floating, but if you look it from from a different angle it's looks fine. There's nothing to be done about that, of course. I just needed to get it off my chest, let out a little steam lol.

2. Two hay bails shown on the left here are recessed until you drive by them, at which point they spring to life. Incidentally, they seem to be a tad heavy. Is there a reason for that?

3. These two vehicles (here & here) could use a little adjustment.

4. Finally, I don't know about anyone else, but the lack of cp markers make me nervous. Unless the cp trip zone stretches completely across the road, it's nice having a visual reference point. Even on your GP tracks you had markers. They were tiny little suckers, but you had something to key on. Yes, you can stay on the road, but in the heat of battle when you're trading paint and bumping with one or several other people, it'd be all too easy to catch a hip-check at the wrong time, resulting in a missed cp.

That's it! Sorry for the delay, buy my job is ruining my MTM 2 career lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:06 am 

SLO_COPE wrote:
1. You know, these trees are just . . . weird. From one angle they look like they're floating, but if you look it from from a different angle it's looks fine. There's nothing to be done about that, of course. I just needed to get it off my chest, let out a little steam lol.

Yeah, I thought there was something wrong with my eyes the first time I added trees. It's odd, they look kind of stretched depending on where you are, and it makes me dizzy looking at them. :D

SLO_COPE wrote:
2. Two hay bails shown on the left here are recessed until you drive by them, at which point they spring to life. Incidentally, they seem to be a tad heavy. Is there a reason for that?

I noticed those myself shortly after releasing the latest beta and fixed them, so you don't need to worry about them. The weight is due me being used to the old Traxx weight system, which was very off, but I used it for several years. Hence the bales being about 10 times too heavy. I'm a bit reluctant to fix them, since there are a lot of bales, and they could just be thought of as water-filled barriers. [;)]

SLO_COPE wrote:
3. These two vehicles (here & here) could use a little adjustment.

Will fix them, thanks.

SLO_COPE wrote:
4. Finally, I don't know about anyone else, but the lack of cp markers make me nervous. Unless the cp trip zone stretches completely across the road, it's nice having a visual reference point. Even on your GP tracks you had markers. They were tiny little suckers, but you had something to key on. Yes, you can stay on the road, but in the heat of battle when you're trading paint and bumping with one or several other people, it'd be all too easy to catch a hip-check at the wrong time, resulting in a missed cp.

The problem is that I have struggled to find anything that's not obvious and looks like it could really be there. I could try using textures (as was suggested earlier, a line in the dirt) though that would mean a fair bit of work. Would it be worth it? If you were racing, would you see a small white line easily enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:42 am 

NIR_Cr@$hC@rt wrote:
I'll work on them, do I need to adjust the Main path or path #2?

Umm... I wouldn't know about that sort of thing... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:55 am 

Oh, ok. In Traxx there are several paths (Main and 1 to 4). Main controls the shape of the map and the Rookie and Intermediate trucks, as far as I know. Path 2 does Professional trucks (I'm now sure of this). I don't think the others have any use?

I've been carefully adjusting the AI path so that they follow the course, and take a fast racing line. it's going alright and I hope it's good enough for that pack. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 am 
easy company

http://cownap.com/~mtmg/traxx/extend2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:22 pm 

Malibu350 wrote:
http://cownap.com/~mtmg/traxx/extend2.html

Thanks Mal. You guys know everything don't you? :D So do courses 3 and 4 do anything? If not, why are they there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:24 pm 
Glow Ball

> So do courses 3 and 4 do anything?

No. They are remnants of hellbender and terminal velocity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:34 pm 

Phineus wrote:
> So do courses 3 and 4 do anything?

No. They are remnants of hellbender and terminal velocity.

Ah, so left-over stuff like the Patriot truck files in the EXE.

You think I should go on and release this track, now that I've fixed everything mentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:21 am 
Glow Ball

on the stretch heading to cp 8
on the left hand side
there are a couple hay bales buried a tad deep

That's about all I could see.

PS. Coca-Cale cracks me up, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm 

Released. :D Could you delete the previous version? And is it possible to rename the pod file to 'DustBowl2007.pod'?

I'd very much appreciate it if a few people could race it online, and perhaps send some replays. It would be nice to have a final test, to see if it's good for racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:20 pm 
Glow Ball

Currently, there are two pod files in the download zip.

DustBowl2007.pod
DustBowl2007Final.pod

Is that correct? They look identical.

==========

[ edit ]

In addtion to levi's comment about wonky driving response, I've heard tell that somebody complained it was like driving on glass. However, I can find no logical basis for either claim.

Point 2. Models have no *.bin file extension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:25 am 
Trackologist

Just did 5 laps on it with Raz - works like a charm. Nice job on the cp's, Cr@$h. I don't feel so insecure now lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:39 am 

I have no idea how I managed to put 2 pods in there. They are indeed both the same. I made a copy with a different name because DustBowl2007.pod was already uploaded here, in the final beta. Probably worth removing DustBowl2007Final.pod from the zip.

Phineus wrote:
In addtion to levi's comment about wonky driving response, I've heard tell that somebody complained it was like driving on glass. However, I can find no logical basis for either claim.

That's odd, no idea what that's all about. For levi, it's possible that he got the "Have mark increase box count" error, then tried to run it again, causing the broken suspension problem. That's happened a few times in testing. As for driving on glass, the only thing I can think of is that they're using a wheel and force feedback is turned off. :?

Phineus wrote:
Point 2. Models have no *.bin file extension.

I can fix this by changing the extension settings in Windows Explorer, right? Can I get away with cutting the models out but leaving the boxes, then inserting them again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:41 am 

i didnt get any error. just right off the bat the truck shakes. then when you drive it acts like the wheel is bent and it wont steer . i tryed both pods in the file ,same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:08 am 
Trackologist

Almost sounds like something you have mounted above that track is affecting it. Least that's the only think I can think of. Have you mounted it with just the default 19 track pod.ini?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:23 am 

<Pops>

I did the DEMO code once again, and you did a good job on the AI, up until it swerved off the track and drove over the hills and far away... but, this is the final upload, and I ain't complaining. Anyway, I'm like the only MTM2er who races offline anymore... :P

Really glad I could help out, you did one beauty of a job.
[cheers]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:49 am 

i just downloaded a new pod file, now it works fine. must of had a problem with the first download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:00 pm 

E J D wrote:
...up until it swerved off the track and drove over the hills and far away...

Haha, that never happened during testing. :D

So, is the 'models having no extension' a problem that will affect the track? I can fix it if you want.

Oh, and Cope, did you get any replays of your racing the other night?: I'd like to maybe make a short film or something. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next