MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:03 pm 

In fact, I recorded a replay of me driving Four X Force alone on this track... I asked Phin if I could send it to him so he could attach it to the track description. When it's uploaded, take a look at it and see what you think! We were'nt trying to set a lap record or anything, we were just having a fun lap. Four X Force loves it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:04 pm 
Glow Ball

Quote:
I can fix this by changing the extension settings in Windows Explorer, right? Can I get away with cutting the models out but leaving the boxes, then inserting them again?

It pains me everytime I have to answer questions about the bin file extension because I don't know of any sure-fire shortcuts. But anyway... yes, you can cut models leaving the ground box, and when reinserting them they should, in theory, retain the old values (all but height above ground). The problem is, that no matter how you approach it, 541 models is a heck of a job.

Quote:
So, is the 'models having no extension' a problem that will affect the track? I can fix it if you want.

It 'can' cause errors and has in the past. However, we've encountered it several times lately and I'm guessing one of the xp service packs has fixed something in windows (where, according to Bill, the problem began anyway). I've spoken to a few people about the possibility of creating a program to 'repair' sit files with this problem but the consensus was that people should just use Traxx v1.5 or uncheck 'hide file extentions for known file types' in folder options - after all, it's explained to me, it's a known problem.

So, the choice is yours. For what it's worth, I am interested in finding an easier fix but it would take me a day to look at your track. If you think that's an option then I can turn off downloads between times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 pm 

Phineus wrote:
people should just use Traxx v1.5

Wait a sec, does this mean that something was fixed when Traxx was updated to v1.5, meaning I don't have to replace the models? I am using the latest version. If not, I'll replace them. I would be interested in seeing a program to fix it though.

By the way, does it matter that there are 2 identical pods in the zip?

I'd also like to see E J D's replay. I have uploaded an onboard lap to YouTube, but due to FRAPS taking steroids the video plays 4 times too fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:26 pm 
Trackologist

Didn't get any replays, bud, but I will. It was ugly racing last night - Raz didn't know the track lol. I'll be sure to get ya something worthwhile though. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:44 pm 

SLO_COPE wrote:
Didn't get any replays, bud, but I will. It was ugly racing last night - Raz didn't know the track lol. I'll be sure to get ya something worthwhile though. ;)

Thanks very much, I'd love to see a good battle take place on my track. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:20 pm 
Glow Ball

> was something was fixed when Traxx was updated to v1.5

Problems fixed and features added. But once the file extentions are gone, nothing fixes that but the old fashioned way.

> does it matter that there are 2 identical pods in the zip

I would have just taken one out but looks like an update is in order.

> I'd also like to see E J D's replay

When he sends it, I'll put it with the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:32 pm 

OK, thank you. I'm in the process of re-inserting all the models, I need sleep though. I'll probably re-upload it tomorrow? Do you want to delete the current version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:11 pm 

That banner on the first page looks like something I've seen before...