MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Post subject: The Destroyer 2007 By: Scott "Razorbear" Bergman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 pm 
Diggerdude

This has to be one of the coolest trucks out there I'm so glad Scott did it, I give it two thumbs up!!!!!!!

Download:

http://mtm2.com/~trucks/dl.cgi?dl=5196

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Paint looks great, too bad its just another repaint of yet another of Slick's trucks... not very original.

But since Slick made all those trucks, no one ever has to be original again, everyone can just keep repainting his trucks forever.

C'mon people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:21 am 
Glow Ball

I'm not sure but I think the guy is fairly new. And probably used Alpine's repaint tutorial. Gotta start someplace and I think it looks pretty darn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:29 pm 

I don't think Scott is new at this.. if you look at any of his trucks on here or pictures up on draggers you can tell he's not new at painting trucks.. and all his trucks are top notch... So give it a break, its a nice truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:45 pm 

Slick's truck models (and about everything else he made) are top notch. Why re-model a truck that's built most likely to the best of it can be, still being game friendly? I think Scott did a great job painting the truck, and I'm not taking ANYTHING away from him that, to some people, it is just a "repaint." It still takes time, work, patience, and somewhat of an artistic skill to do just that. So bravo, Scott, on a job well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:12 pm 

Rep Fan, I am sorry that you take "offence" to my lowly "repaint", as you call it, but, in all due respect, I really do not care what you or anybody thinks of what I choose to make and release to the public. Did I personally make anything on this or any other truck I put out....no I did not. To be honest, I have no desire to make any original models from scratch or learn to use Binedit to do so. You talk like you personally make every single model on every truck you make, well I don't feel like going back and looking but I am sure that I recall other peoples names in the credits of your trucks. I believe John "Diggerfan" Brown's name is credited with making the body for your Ms Bigfoot. So how does that make you any different. Do you label YOURSELF a theif when you use other peoples models for your stuff? You have made comments about my stuff in the past and now you have done it again. I don't make stuff to please you or anybody in this community. I make stuff I want to make. If you don't like it don't download it or even look at it. I have a great deal of respect for all that you have made for this game and think it's some of the best work out there. Now before you jump on me like I am some new kid, like you did on Vales, I will let you know I am a 34 year old man that has had a very successful life and had been involved in the MTM2 community for quite a number of years. In closing, I make what I wanna make, if you or anyboy else does not like it, to bad cause others seem to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:49 pm 
Glow Ball

IamGalvatron wrote:
I have been involved in the MTM2 community for quite a number of years.

Oops, please pardon me. I hadn't seen the name "Scott 'Razorbear' Bergman" before and assumed somebody new. Thanks for clarifying. And welcome to the site ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:55 pm 

I can see both points of the argument, but making a brand new body of a Ford F-150 is a bit much to ask for most members of this gaming community. Slick has made so many high quality perfect body model's that it makes little sense to try and re-invent the wheel IMO.

Chassis wise I can see making a custom design or attempting to improve upon someone elses work, but to completely scratch build a carbon copy Slickster Patrick frame is again a little to much to ask of many of today's members.

As far as what Rep Fan said, I can understand where he's coming from and remembering days gone by, BUT it deffinetly could've been worded more politely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm 

hmm....
About 5 months ago maybe? I was working on making signatures, I wanted to get into that community, what I came up with was essentially two images slapped together in a pleasing mannor.
And when I posted my work, everyone starting picking me apart saying how I just ripped a real artists work etc.

Then the real pro, the guy everyone respects and aspires to be said
Quote:
Fair....FAIR? Who give a gives a flying F\_/ck sandwich about fair. If a sig looks good, it doesnt matter what he uses. If you want some big controversy as to whether or not some used enough of their own work in photoshop then get out of r.org because I dont think anyone here should care about anything other than the sig looking good.

And I do like the middle one the best, I wish the text were smaller, but nice colors and style.

At which point people tried to rip him apart too. But he is the master
Quote:
Look I completely understand what you guys are saying but I do feel that this is different.

he is taking some art work..not someone elses sig, but some professional art work and pasting it into a sig in a manner than appeals to him.

In a way we all do that, we use alot of anime renders (nothing more than japanese artwork) we use brushes (some deviantart artists work), and we put them together to make a sig.

I feel he has done the same thing....it took less work and time sure, but if the end product is an attractive sig then I say let it go. Its not ripping sigs at all.

and your text still sux LOL!

Apperently My text sucks :(

ok my point is, its not about how he made it, just what it turned out to be, and I think it looks pretty decent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 pm 

I don't see why Rep's stuff needs to be bashed here. RF does amazing work, especially in the modelling dept. Ms. Bigfoot? Kick***. (It's worth mentioning here that he still uses PSP 4 to do the paint on his trucks, which deserves a ton of credit.)

In some respects RF is right, and I have been trying myself to do as much custom as possible. It gets tough - I'm a painter, not a modeller, and I lose patience as a result - but I think recent work vs. my older stuff shows how much of a difference making more custom stuff makes. Personally, I'm sick of everyone using the GOD AWFUL TRI Digger body. I know RF's feelings on Diggers, but for mine own part, I'd like to have one, but one that doesn't use the "Terminally Reality Ignorant" body. Much of the undercarriage work on those trucks is remakable, though.

But I also think that the reality of the actual Destroyer truck lends some sympathy in this specific case: the real-life truck is basically just a repaint of Madusa itself. Im guilty of it myself (T-Maxx, lol) so I'll let this one go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:12 pm 

You know what, this is a truck review page, and I don't want to argue anymore. Razorbear did a great job on this truck and there is no reason why anyone has to argue about it. Everyone has their own opinion, and i really don't want any hard feelings towards razorbear or anyone here. I admit I was wrong to start arguing on this page and i hope Razorbear can accept my appologies to him.

So,..Razorbear, just incase you read this, I personally apologize to you for everything said here. You really did a great job on this truck and it turned out fantastic. Very well done. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:21 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

My point is, yes, he did a great job on the paint, I'm not bashing that, but he didnt make the truck, hands down. Bunch of whining babies...

Its a repaint, that is the point I was trying to make.... thank you Cale, I think I've done enuff over the years, I think I know what I'm talking about. I use the old stuff, yet it still comes out great.

Razorbear, great truck, nice paint, but you and I both know you didnt build it. But it is a good lookin truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:13 am 

Razorbear, you have our complete support. Don't let people like Rep Fan put you off. He's just making a big deal out of nothing. [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:09 pm 
Gone Walkabout

I like the paint job on this one, Nice!

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:14 pm 
Diggerdude

yep he got it right on like the real thing

Post subject: