MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Post subject: SINKING MODELS!?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:59 pm 

im workin on a new track - and, im using the newest TRAXX - i have a weird problem. almost all of the models i have placed, are halfway in the ground! how did i do this/how can I fix it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:21 pm 
easy company

Quote:
NOTE: If you have a track already in progress that was created with Traxx 1.4 and then upgrade to version 1.5 or later your object boxes will be slightly repositioned. This is NOT a bug, rather it is a fix over earlier versions where Traxx incorrectly centered object boxes Y coordinates.

Raise them up by using the S key followed by the X key to reset their height.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:56 pm 

yeah i always hated that glitch, but i hate the new one more, where you have to use the keys, you can't type it in yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:59 pm 
easy company

The way traxx 1.4 displayed object box locations (visually) vs the way the game reacted to their 'real' location drove me nuts on some tracks trying to get accurate impact zones, so I changed it. If and when Traxx updates resume i'll see that a nag box pops up warning that you are about to open a sit file created by 1.4 and that all object boxes will be sunk, or build in a failsafe so that nothing is altered. There are other problems that are harder to fix associated with cloning, resetting some models is the least of them.

> where you have to use the keys, you can't type it in yourself

As for 'having' to use the keys, this only pertains to height adjustments, all others should be fully functional if you so wish to type in exact location. If you really want to be precice hold down Alt+Ctrl+Shift and hit X or S.

D, C, F, and V will move the model laterally... this is far more accurate than using the mouse to drag small distances. Also G, B, H and N will tilt the model in any direction without having to open and close the dialog box repeatedly... but even if you do like opening the box and changing things in a more indirect or comfortable fashion, you do get real time results on the track.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:57 pm 

good god, i only have like 300 models that are sinkin - lol. i guess i'll just delete em and go with different ones... F*! lol thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 pm 

or maybe i'll call it Half-a-Pine MX LOL - man, i wish i woulda podded that track LONG before i decided to move/copy/paste all those objects. ugh