MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am

Post subject: Shawnee Forest BETA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 am 

My first real attempt at making a track is now on the Tracks page - its only a beta... I've not really began with the model stage of it, and also havent started on the course points yet - but i do have the terrain, some trees, and all of that good stuff... let me know what you think of whats there, and what you think i should do to it - all around. any and all suggestions are welcome - thank you! lap times are around 8 minutes...

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=4885

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:38 pm 
easy company

> ... what you think i should do to it

I like the course a lot but it's length and the fact we are limited to 20 checkpoints it will probably end up at about 5 minutes once all is in place.

The trees need to be set to 'No Collide Facing' and the shadowing is too dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:25 pm 

The terrain is really good. There were only a few textures that didn't fit/line up. If you still want the trees to be solid, set them to 'facing' otherwise set them to 'no collide facing'. Malibu was right about some of the shadows. They're really cool but some of them are so dark it looks like the ground was burned [:P] . Btw I had a lap under 7 minutes approx. but i wasn't trying to go for a fast lap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:33 am 

what if I told you i got the whole layout to work with only 18 checkpoints :>! also - i lightened the shadows up some, i noticed i had the brightness up way high on my monitor - lol. im sure that made a lil difference... ne other ideas as far as, model wise/ my trees? i'm making em like mal said, i like drivin through em a lil better than slammin into em, i might change that for realisim's sake tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:18 am 
easy company

> what if I told you i got the whole layout to work with only 18 checkpoints :>

It has shortcuts :)

> i like drivin through em

MTM trees for the most part are just flat bins, so they must be set to facing no matter what. Never 'collide (facing)' though, because that'll just create an invisible wall around the trees trunks which is hated by all racers who like to cut a line as fine as possible, or simply enjoy it. The proper way to set trees for realism, near the race course especially, is to first set them as facing no-collide then insert a separate default 'object box' at 2x2x20 at the centre of the tree bin as a trunk.

oh and btw. The track needs at least one cow... it's an unwritten law that all legit tracks have a cow. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:35 am 

Malibu350 wrote:
oh and btw. The track needs at least one cow... it's an unwritten law that all legit tracks have a cow. :)

Of course :)

I personally like my tracks to have max brightness, and deep, darker shadows, cause I think it gives, at least greener tracks anyways, a very lush and realistic look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:52 pm 
Glow Ball

I don't have much to add to what's already been said but just wanted to say I gave it a drive and really like what you have so far. It has a lot of potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:13 pm 

what program can you use to take a pic of the track like the program that was used to take the photo for my beta track download thing? i think im almost done with shawnee, i need to upload a new version of the beta, its came a long way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:56 am 

TrackViewGL 1.0, go to malibu's site, click on TNT, and it is towards the bottom of the page under General Monster Truck Madness 1 2