MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

Post subject: Skull Run by FIRE_REOSPEEDtm
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 10:14 am 

This track started it's life as a clone of Graveyard. The reason it is named Skull Run is because i used a skull .bmp for the terrain. Then it just went from there. It's kind of a slick track so you will need to know how to handle your truck real good....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 8:25 pm 

Hi, i didn't d/l this track so i can't say anything about it, i just post a reply to say cuz now u can read Reo's review and maybe u post a reply thnx to me. Cuz Reo made a booboo when he posted the link that enables u to read a review (no problem, same thing happened to me also) but now i fixed it, as u can see now it works.

Fila, over and out

P.S. Expect a track from me soon. Today not going to school (sick), getting bored, so i wanna do a track.

[This message has been edited by DMS_Fila (edited 26-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 11:22 am 

Nice work REO... you made a good job of the revolving "lights" considering the technical problems that particular project threw up.
Using the skull as your terrain bitmap - a great idea... I bet TeamDeath is kicking himself for not thinking of it first! Image
The music even drew a comment from Bergmad (my partner). She said it was "interesting" - that's a hellava compliment coming from her, heehee.
A nice atmospheric course with some neat departures from the usual stuff we are all used to. I found the road surface a little slippery in places - but REO does warn you of that in the readme. It's not a long rambling race, it's short and interesting - and pretty tough in places. You have to watch your speed - braking is as important as accellerating, but you'll have to run this track a few times to know when and where. Mostly stock textures from Graveyard, but they are put to good use. Nicely banked turns, no "impossible to get out of" truck traps. The comp trucks give you a fair competition. All in all a competent, solid, well constructed track. I think this will be a good on-line race. Keep up the good work REO.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 8:39 am 
easy company

http://malibuco.hostme.com/images_mtmg/SkullRun_sm.jpg

I normally don't like slippery tracks at all, but after running a bunch of laps on it i find that it suits it perfectly, under a mask of heavy rain thunder and lightning its a two minute power slide through the mud and its a blast.

a quality track indeed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 9:44 am 

this is a awesome track REO i've waited for it for 3 days and i love it! i recomend it to everyone it is defenatly worth the download time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 4:11 pm 
If you like Graveyard ... then you definitely like Skull Run (minus the short-cuts that Graveyard has).

I've run 20 laps on it .... and there's some definite skill required on this track ... especially the last turn before the finishline.

My BEST LAP TIME so far : 1:26.56

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 3:46 pm 
Well .... with some much need practice (for a tournament I guess) I've lower my lap times a great deal

My Best Lap Time so far : 1:25:30

... heck, maybe a 124 is possible Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2000 12:04 pm 
Well that didn't take to long .... hehe

Best Lap Time so far : 1:24.93

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 7:49 am 
Well I've ran the livin pi§§ out of this track now Image

Best Lap Time : 1:23:32 ... that should last unless I run a 122 ... hehe