MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

Post subject: Monster Jam World Finals 9 by White2098
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:52 pm 

PRECAUTION: FOR BEST LOOKS, TURN DRAW-DISTANCE DOWN TO 80% OR LOWER FOR LAG SO YOU DON'T LOSE ANY TRACK DETAIL.

The Monster Jam World Finals 9 by White2098 with special thanks to dave collard.

before i begin, i'd like to thank dave for the extra help on the track. he did an incredible job on the ramps, cameras, and also did an excellent job de-lagging the track. thanks a ton dave!

here is is everybody! i spent literally hundreds of hours and 3 months of work non stop! here is a little preview of all the models on the track,

first the tropical stack. i tried something new with all the obstacles. i made the cars with transparent windows which is a first for me and i thought it came out very nice.

the tanker stack(very fun to hit by the way).

one of my favorites, the lightening stack.

a shot of the racing jump.

between this and the triple, i spent 10+ hours on each!

and finally everyone's favorite, the triple!
it took me hours to line up the textures on this massive stack. getting the textures to cooperate was a real pain.

links are the full sized picture so if you want a full quality big screen picture then click the links 8)

first off, we have the qualifying/intros version. i took an overhead shot to show off the whole track,

full size,
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/W ... ingbig.jpg

next we have the racing version with nice dirtied up turns,

full size,
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/W ... ingbig.jpg

and finally the biggest texture job i've ever done, freestyle!

full size,
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/W ... ylebig.jpg

it is a huge relief to finally be done with this track. i have never spent so much time on something before so i am extremely proud of how it came out.

please leave feedback and most importantly, ENJOY!

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=5011
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=5011

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:56 pm 

aawwww, no time of release on that poster?? LOL, j/k White :D seriously dude, 4 minutes, i cannot wait!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:00 pm 

Its out, Geez cant wait till its done downloading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 am 
MTM2 Engineer

:roll:

C'mon, it's just a track :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Btw, nice work white2098, looks very realistic, ramps with top-crush models are really cool and there's no invisible walls [tu]

just a few things:

- It's Malibu350, not "malibue350" (readme file):P
- There are some places in Freestyle version (offline) that really destroy the frame rate, like the entrance. It happens when you see the whole stadium. It happens in the others versions as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 am 

yeah, you gotta lower the visibility to as low as 50% if necessary. it works pretty smooth like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 am 

Downloaded as soon as I saw it was up :D

I had bad lag and I had to turn the scenery to Sparse - don't worry, it's just my crappy computer. Anyway, this is a superb track. You really pulled it off with the texturing, and the ramp work is fantastic, not to mention the cameras.

I also really love the way in freestyle it starts you off if the right Thunder Alley, rather than way outside in the racing position.

My favorite obstacles have to be that big 'ol triple bus stack, and the Tropical Stack. Fun to hit from both directions - from the car side, huge nose down action allowing for nice slap wheelies, and from the container side, HUGE sky wheelie fun. In my 2008 Four X Force, it tends to over-react and act like a real monster truck for some reason - I went over the Tropical Stack in this direction, and when I landed from the huge sky wheelie, it flipped into an endo right over the blue tanker stack, going vertical on the tailgate right at the very top, then rolling off to continue freestyle... severe fun. I also cleared the triple bus stack numerous times, and then some [(-:]

You really, really pulled it off and I love this track to bits. It truly is a triumph of track design and truly captures the excitement of the Monster Jam World Finals - 10/10.

[cheers]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:41 am 

beautify done, yea 50% is the way to go on the visibility

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:34 am 

thanks guys! yeah E J D, dave spent 12+hours on the ramps and he and i took notes while watching the world finals on speed so the ramps and cameras should be as life like as possible :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:24 pm 

YEA!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 pm 

White, you really outdid yourself on this, amazing work. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:46 pm 

Love how the cars' windows are see through too [tu] [tu] [tu] [tu] [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:25 pm 

I loved the track, however there should be 2 versions of freestyle, one with all the stuff, and one with all the stuff AND... A trailer or something. And one with less textures on the obstacles as if it is earlier on in the freestyle and one later on in the freestyle with more texture. Overall very nice work and the jumps are smooth (Except going sideways, but that also works well, just not as smooth as regular) This is track is very enjoyable and can be played on, hours on end without getting bored. The triple bus stack, i was hoping to be a bit harder to clear. And the Tropical stack, it's too crushed on the Trailer, and there shouldn't be a ramp to easily go up the trailer, it should just be that you have to hit it and hope for the best, but with this you just hit it, Although it still is fun to hit. Overall 9.8/10. The best track i've played on, to date. Although no track is perfect. So, if you havn;t downloaded this already i recommend you downloading it now. And enjoy it, :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:45 pm 

DeToX wrote:
I loved the track, however there should be 2 versions of freestyle, one with all the stuff, and one with all the stuff AND... A trailer or something. And one with less textures on the obstacles as if it is earlier on in the freestyle and one later on in the freestyle with more texture. Overall very nice work and the jumps are smooth (Except going sideways, but that also works well, just not as smooth as regular) This is track is very enjoyable and can be played on, hours on end without getting bored. The triple bus stack, i was hoping to be a bit harder to clear. And the Tropical stack, it's too crushed on the Trailer, and there shouldn't be a ramp to easily go up the trailer, it should just be that you have to hit it and hope for the best, but with this you just hit it, Although it still is fun to hit. Overall 9.8/10. The best track i've played on, to date. Although no track is perfect. So, if you havn;t downloaded this already i recommend you downloading it now. And enjoy it, :)
I hate to say this White, but I think he is right.

I think FS 1 should have not so many different textures, no boat in the middle, the tropical stack not so crushed, and those 3 cars by the triple should be gone. Honestly, I kinda find that the intro is kinda useless and that could have been traded for FS PT.1, but that is just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:11 pm 
easy company

No matter what anyone says... first and formost you've done a phenomenal job White. As far as drags go this is the most realistic ever made for mtm that i've seen. Just sitting there idle in my truck made me feel as if I were there closer than ever before. [tu] [tu]

No matter the track catagory this is some fine work, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 am 

thanks a ton mal!

and guys, two versions of freestyle is just too much extra work for all the obstacles that had to be ramped. that version alone took over 15 hours of work. the intro/qualifying version is made for people who play online and enjoy making events realistic all the way down to the intros. on top of that, i also wanted a version that had everything untouched so none of my hard work would go un-noticed :)

about the tropical stack, you just can't have perfect ramps in this game. if you went and tried to ramp this track you would realize how difficult it is to do. dave collard made these ramps have the exact same affects from the actual show(we both took notes while watching the show).

there will always be people who want something different, but i can't please the whole world, but i can still try my best. sorry if this isn't exactly how you wanted it, but it's really the furthest i can take this track in mtm2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:44 am 

>>>The triple bus stack, i was hoping to be a bit harder to clear.

did you watch the show? trucks were clearing it pretty easily. unless you back up almost all the way to the wall you're not gonna fully clear it so i don't know what else could have been done [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:29 am 

Don't worry dude, if anyone has a problem with the track... well... that's their problem. You still did a totally phenomenal job and I bloody love it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 pm 

white2098 wrote:
>>>The triple bus stack, i was hoping to be a bit harder to clear.

did you watch the show? trucks were clearing it pretty easily. unless you back up almost all the way to the wall you're not gonna fully clear it so i don't know what else could have been done [bump]

I'm with White on this, there were a few trucks that made it easy

and its better to make it realistic than making the object look perfect anyway :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 pm 

that's pretty sweet looking.