MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Post subject: Very impressive
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 pm 

Howdy, all. I used to play mtm2 when I was a teenager. Recently, I stumbled across a folder of a bunch of old POD files that I had collected from so long ago, and I wondered if mtm2 would even work with new technology. A couple of weeks ago, I fired up the ole game for the first time in over a decade!

Then I ran across this forum as I was googling POD utilities, and I noticed the community patches. I'm quite impressed. Between the patches, and the HD truck pack, I feel like the game is completely brand new and I have that spark of joy for it all over again. :D

Post subject: Re: Very impressive
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:03 am 

There's also regular rumbles on Sunday at 9pm EST over at voobly.com. You are more than welcome to join.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:36 pm 

That sounds like fun. :) I remember having tons of fun on the zone.com. I'll have to drop on in some time, I 'preciate that.

Which addon tracks are normally played these days?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 pm 

For rumbles mostly this list.

http://www.mtm2.com/MTM2/Tracks/tracks.php?favorites=21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 pm 

Fila wrote:

Hmm, I always preferred the more crazy rumbles myself. That's why I kept trying to make crazy rumbles.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:23 pm 

And here just a typical "Sunday Night" =)

https://youtu.be/GGCmSzmsMEk <-- This was one of the tracks we ran tonight, the night you said you couldn't make it. (February 19th).
Sorry for it being a quiet video, long story short, my sound settings have been backwards lately my computer hasn't been set up for recording video footage..I set it up differently like several days ago and forgot about it. When I recorded it, it was expecting like "Speakers" but the game was using "SPDIF" or some crap.

Like Fila said, Every Sunday night. 9 PM Eastern Time Zone =)
http://www.voobly.com (create an account), Scenic Route is the name of the Lobby. If you show up late, you can join the game if it's already in progress. We play 4 or 5 10-minute rounds, depending on how scores turn out and if there's a tie for 1st place in the 4th round. After the final round, we may play a couple more games for fun, but only sometimes..sometimes we're hungry or tired, or have to work in the morning. Depends.

It's nice to see an additional player, please play to stay =)

Last edited by NiteMares2k16 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:48 am 
Trackologist

Hey ryde, if you're thinking about dropping in on a Sun to participate in the rumble event you might want to swing by early in the day or a few days prior to in order to ensure you're able to launch. More often than not you'll be required to forward ports or enable UPnP. Depending on your router/configuration, and your familiarity with such things, it could take a few attempts to get you going. Just a thought. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 pm 

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
And here just a typical "Sunday Night" =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyT57U5U0M
^ That's Hypercube because DRAZ still hasn't updated to HBC....sigh...lazy..maybe we'll fix that if you join lol

Like Fila said, Every Sunday night. 9 PM Eastern Time Zone =)
http://www.voobly.com (create an account), Scenic Route is the name of the Lobby. If you show up late, you can join the game if it's already in progress. We play 4 or 5 10-minute rounds, depending on how scores turn out and if there's a tie for 1st place in the 4th round. After the final round, we may play a couple more games for fun, but only sometimes..sometimes we're hungry or tired, or have to work in the morning. Depends.

It's nice to see an additional player, please play to stay =)

Noted. By any chance, do you guys still play Cops 'n Robbers?

I'm at the end of a long weekend, so I can sympathize with tired and hungry. :)

Btw, that video link was unavailable. :?

SLO_COPE wrote:
Hey ryde, if you're thinking about dropping in on a Sun to participate in the rumble event you might want to swing by early in the day or a few days prior to in order to ensure you're able to launch. More often than not you'll be required to forward ports or enable UPnP. Depending on your router/configuration, and your familiarity with such things, it could take a few attempts to get you going. Just a thought. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. I won't be able to make it this weekend, but will keep in mind for future reference.
I'll have to do some reading to figure out which ports I should forward. Shouldn't be too big of a problem, as it is something I've mucked around with before. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 pm 

Fixed the youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGCmSzm ... e=youtu.be

Though I'm not quite sure what exactly "Cops 'n Robbers" is, we do might still play a few races every now and then if someone might ask, and sometimes after the tournament Sunday rumbles we do team games, if there's an even number of players..like tonight we did a couple of team games. Incredible game that was, dang good game..11 points was the difference between 1st and 2nd place, Fila said the reason for that was because he got knocked off at like the last second right before the game ended, because of a lag shot lol.

Also, about the game's ports:
47624 TCP
6073 UDP
2300 - 2400 TCP
2300 - 2400 UDP
(all forwarded to your computer's internal IP address)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:20 am 

I don't think anyone has played cops and robbers since 2003 or so. It was replaced by race and rumble.

http://teamslo.com/cnr.htm

http://teamslo.com/rnr.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 am 
Trackologist

Hasn't been quite that long, Fila. The last time I recall playing it was 2009, but yes, it's been a while that's for sure. I think some of the appeal for non-racers is you don't have to learn "lines" or shortcuts, lap times are never an issue, and lastly, you're part of a team; you're not out there on your own. Well, sometimes you are on your own when all of your teammates have been "captured" and you're the lone survivor trying to outrun 3 or 4 trucks that are looking to take your head off lol. I know we had some really dramatic finishes in some of the games we played. CnR is definitely fun stuff.

As for ports, I believe 47624 is for Directx 7 and below, so you shouldn't have to worry about that if you're running Win 7 or above.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm 

NiteMares2k16 wrote:

Holy shnikies, that rumble map is something else! :eek:

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
Also, about the game's ports:
47624 TCP
6073 UDP
2300 - 2400 TCP
2300 - 2400 UDP
(all forwarded to your computer's internal IP address)

Thanks!

Fila wrote:
I don't think anyone has played cops and robbers since 2003 or so. It was replaced by race and rumble.

http://teamslo.com/cnr.htm

http://teamslo.com/rnr.htm

Sad. :(
Actually, the CnR-style gameplay was okay and I remember enjoying it, but my favorite part was all of the CNR maps that were released. The entire worlds were dedicated to hideouts and had vast cities of pure exploratory joy. The maps CNR005, CNR008, CNR2000, and ZooN CNR are the first to come to mind in this regard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 am 
Trackologist

When we played CnR a major component of what made it fun was the fact we were mic'd up. Being able to use TeamSpeak to talk to and hear everyone was huge. Coordinating attacks in the form of being able to say, "so & so is out, that's _ down with _ more to go", or things along that line was huge. The same was true for RnR (which I personally liked better than CnR), but to me RnR was great fun without the audio (but it definitely improved the game) where as with CnR it's what made it tremendously exciting.

All opinions, of course. Ryde you sound like you enjoyed exploring, so yeah, it stands to reason that for you CnR maps meant more than just chasing/running from other trucks. I was and still am predominantly a racer, so when I played CnR I wanted to be a cop so I could run people down and bash the crap out them until they flipped over lol.

Ah, the memories. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm 

Yeah, I can imagine teamspeak being a great tool for CNR. I was really partial to playing the robber role, as I got such a thrill out of being chased. :mrgreen: I was definitely a racing guy in my beginning mtm2 years - played multi with my family over a coaxial network cable during the 56k modem years but 1v1 wasn't that great. Then after getting DSL, I discovered the zone, and I realized that I also enjoyed the aggression of mashing into multiple other monster trucks and try to hold my own on the platform. :lol:

Then I remember feeling that the CNR maps were opening new doors in the way that some of the cities were built. Some maps had a sewer system such that you could travel underground from one building to another or make an escape. Maps like that I enjoyed purely from the 'easter egg hunt.' ZooN also had the reputation to place easter eggs on his maps, so yeah I'm pretty sure I have a couple of pod packs of his tracks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 pm 
Trackologist

Sounds like it's time to make your way over to Voobly. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:59 pm 

So, "rydethelyte" is it? Where have you been? I've missed you at the 9 p.m. tourneys Sunday nights. You've yet to show up, when will you show up? When can you show up, or are you available? Is 9pm eastern a bad time?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:24 pm 

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
So, "rydethelyte" is it? Where have you been? I've missed you at the 9 p.m. tourneys Sunday nights. You've yet to show up, when will you show up? When can you show up, or are you available? Is 9pm eastern a bad time?

I don't know.