MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

Post subject: TrackEd2 Does Not Work
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:35 am 

Hi,

Each time I try to create a new track in TrackEd2 on Windows XP, the program crashes to the desktop. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: TrackEd2 Does Not Work
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm 

Can't help with this as I have always had crashing problems with TrackEd. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:06 pm 

I don't know if this helps.

Quote:
(Note. You must have eight trucks exactly. Nine in the editor will crash game. Ten in the editor will crash tracked2).

Or this

http://mtm2.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3193

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:45 pm 

Isn't tracked2 in DOS? It's entirely possible it will always crash in anything above XP. Or anything 64 bit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 pm 

I've had some success getting the CPR editor in DOSBox, might be a good place to start.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 pm 

Fila wrote:
I don't know if this helps.

Quote:
(Note. You must have eight trucks exactly. Nine in the editor will crash game. Ten in the editor will crash tracked2).

Or this

http://mtm2.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3193

That's extremely odd. I've been wanting to make my own MTM2 tracks since 2009 or 2010, but never did because of how strict the software is. TrackEd3 and TrackEd4 (for 4x4 Evolution and 4x4 Evo 2) were a lot more capable for handling a ton more than eight vehicles. Were TrackEd1 and TrackEd2 poorly designed with stability issues but went unnoticed and never had a patch or something? I wish someone could make a patch for the same software because no one has done it yet.

Quote:
Isn't tracked2 in DOS? It's entirely possible it will always crash in anything above XP. Or anything 64 bit.

Ummm... sort of, even though I think in the past, Windows XP survived this problem. Monster Truck Madness 2 was not made for Windows 3.1 and earlier anyway.

Quote:
I've had some success getting the CPR editor in DOSBox, might be a good place to start.

I don't use DOSBox because I think it's very complicated, so I've never used it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 am 

Tracked1 and 2 were indeed very poorly done. That's mainly the reason why Traxx was the main track editing program.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Tracked2 sucks. Nobody uses it, or I think Wint used it once as a experiment or something? Oh and well, in the early days people had to use it because Traxx didn't exist then. Its usability is second to none, it's full of bugs and user experience in general is horrible.

We use Traxx, it is way, -way- more easier to lean/use than even Evo's Tracked3/4 or any track editor of any racing game anyway. (Perhaps Moto Racer 2 editor was easier :lol: )

Also, its learning curve I would call it... flat. I learn Traxx when I was 12 years old, and my english was very (very) bad back then, so if you can't gradute from Traxx School with honors, modding may not be your thing.

I was poking around with it a few months back, adding full HD resolution and stuff.

Hell, I might finish it someday, but I'm not really a C++ programmer. I'm no match to GB skills.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 am 
MTM2 Engineer

4x4EvolutionFan wrote:
Each time I try to create a new track in TrackEd2 on Windows XP, the program crashes to the desktop. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Slayer wrote:

Well I kinda got carried away, so heres the answer to your original question:

Tracked2 is a DOS program, so it would run fine in any Windows 9x-based OS such as 95/98/ME. As NT-based Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10) doesn't have DOS incorporated, they use a DOS emulator (sort of), the infamous NTVDM 16-bit DOS subsytem. It sucks, so everybody resorts to DOSBox. Also, it is only available in 32-bits versions of Windows. So your best shot is to install DOSBox then try running Tracked2, still I must insist Traxx is a better option and it's compatible with all modern versions of Windows, also it is very well documented, Tracked is a black box and hardly you will find any help on it except from what is on MTMG.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:51 am 

Wint did use TrackEd2 because it offered superior model placement viewer compared to Traxx. But that's about it.