MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Post subject: Well it looks like I'm done man, sorry Fila
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm 

The new computer can't take it. I don't know what happened, but it's just too restrictive..something is haywire with this new windows 10 I bought. Think it has something to do with it being a game that runs older directx. Also, the computer is so freakin fast, the mtm2 installation just about crashes every single time I try to install the dern game because the program is so old and unstable. I even put it on Low Priority in the process details, and it's already set to 1 core only out of just 8 cores... so, I tried copying my MTM2 directory over the network from the other computer. It didn't work. I still got the same error something like "0x0000022" or some crap that kept popping up every time I tried to run MTM2, as an administrator, with compatibility mode..with, and without the beta modes installed...

So, when I was installing games for my sister on my other computer, (I reverted that back to windows 7 before all of this by the way and mtm2 was installed on that and it worked just fine, and mtm2 worked like a charm because of windows 7, it runs smooth as a baby's butt even with the beta, at 1920x1080 and it looks fantastic because of the gtx 970 in that computer...but I'm giving it to my sister heh......the thing is, I don't use that computer any more..I just built a brand new one.) ..., when I was installing games on the computer I was using like a week or 2 ago, for my sister to take with them in August, I installed Flatout 2, because they don't have any internet and it's an offline game...well, after it installed, I noticed Flatout 2 had an installation setup for Directx. Well, I tried flatout2 setup on the new one, it went fine, and then I tried the directx setup on the new one, it went fine....BUT...it didn't fix the problem. I still would get that stupid 0x0000022 error and it wouldn't say what exactly the problem was, or what file was missing, or what the holdup was. So...I just deleted MTM2 from my new pc. It's been fun playing with you guys man...but, I think this is where I call it for the years, and move on to better gaming and say goodbye to an 18 year old game..heh...sorry Fila, Draz, Swiss, Backhand, Pugs, Extremo, Cope, oNaN, War, DKRider, FM...It's been fun playing with you guys.

Have a good time without me. NiteMares, out. Unless you can find a fix for this.

Post subject: Re: Well it looks like I'm done man, sorry Fila
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am 
MTM2 Engineer

hey, post some screenies to see if we can help. I have no big problems running mtm2 in win10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:57 pm 

...and there you go, it does this no matter if I change the priority, no matter what mtm2 installation I try to use, if I use the MTM2 cd, if I try to use the installation from mtm2.com...doesn't matter, it crashes, and IF I actually manage to get it to actually install (which is once in a blue moon), I have trouble running the game. It says error 0x0000022.

https://youtu.be/PtmqznEu4nQ

My previous computer pretty much had the exact same problem, the installation always crashed just like this, same exact way. I don't know why. I think it's because the computer is too fast or drive is too fast, to be honest. SATA 3 the setup files are stored on...I "COULD" try installing it from a flash drive, I never thought of doing that before....jesus this is slow, it brings back memories of first installing MTM2 LOL, still copying the mtm2 folder to the flash drive

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:32 pm 

I dunno man...ran windows troubleshooter, it said the best way to do all this junk was to run it all windows compatibility xp service pack 3, so I installed it from the flash drive as xp service pack 3, as administrator. The installation actually worked fine, no hitches. Everything was good. So I go to the game directory, I right click properties on monster, it's already set for xp service pack 3 and admin...so, I try to run the game. I get this:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Don't use the original monster installer, this has been talked before many (many) times, I think there's even a whole page dedicated to that in MTMG. Just copy the files from the CD straight away and modify monster.ini (or was it system.ini)? to fix the path to your game files if needed.
A quick google search shows that the error code 0xc0000022 has something to do with permissions. Right click monster.exe > properties > security > pick your username and grant it read and write access.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:52 pm 

I'm using a windows 10 pc, albeit a bit weaker than yours, and it installed and runs just fine for me. I used the download like from the homepage to get it though.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 am 

You don't even need to change monster.ini or system.ini... copy the whole cd contents to a folder and rename Monster.exe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:49 pm 

Yeah dunno...still getting the same error, tried copying the install files to a temp folder and copying the original backed up exe and other files I replaced from before the beta ever came out..didn't work, edited the config file in system folder so it looks for triglide.dll in the MTM2 directory on that drive, no avail..tried copying the MTM2 cd files to a temp folder and running the setup and installing it to that same exact folder, no avail...it installed but the game still get that stupid 0x0 error, all the while I've been modifying the monster.exe for permission for my user account.....tried copying the community patch and 0.37 beta to the mtm2 cd install directory, + modifying the system ini and the permissions for user account on monster.ini, still get the 0x0c or whatever error....ain't gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm 

Also, doing so, it won't let me install mtm2pat cause mtm2 isn't "installed", which doesn't work because I actually played it online with people on Voobly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:23 am 

This solution was given on GOG.com by someone with the same problem on a different game:

" go and enable direct play from " turn windows features on/off " from the add/remove option in the dern control panel "

I hope it helps?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:34 am 

Disposable wrote:
This solution was given on GOG.com by someone with the same problem on a different game:

" go and enable direct play from " turn windows features on/off " from the add/remove option in the dern control panel "

I hope it helps?

Son of a b....that fixed it. Thanks man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 am 

"Legacy Components" wasn't checkmarked. Neither was Directplay.... dangit, now I have to start playing again every sunday at 9...lol dam you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:02 am 

Glad I could help to make your life more difficult ..... I'm cruel that way!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:45 pm 

That's odd. Are you running the CD version of the game? I haven't tried to play Monster Truck Madness 2 on Windows 10 yet, so I'm just asking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:30 am 

It works perfectly on Windows 10, even on the 64 bit version. Just make sure that Direct Play and Legacy components are both ticked in Windows Features found in the control panel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:22 am 

Yeah, cd install works cause that's usually how I install the game..a long time ago I copied my entire MTM2 CD to my hard drive in "Setup" folder..subfolder called Games, and in that one called "MTM2 CD - DON'T F*** WITH" lol, which is an exact copy of the MTM2 CD..got like 3 or 4 MTM2 subfolders in the setup\games, one is from like mtm2.com, one is BC's installation, one has like addons in it, one has the beta, etc etc..another installation has the patch file in it, all different. That's why I wanted to assist Fila with this stuff, cause I got so much crap on my hard drives I wouldn't mind setting up an FTP server. I always back up every installation of every program I ever downloaded and put it in a folder in Setup. I said I have a really fast connection, 90+ mbit down / 12 mbit up. Still got Need for Speed Underground 2 setup, and Quake 2 in this directory, and stuff like Wolfenstein 3D, Flatout 2, Starcraft 1, just some examples. Windows XP Service Pack 3..call it a waste of 100 gb of free space, but I think of it as a safety net and convenience, especially when I have to do a fresh install of windows or format and reload windows on a new computer, can just share that folder over the network and copy whatever I need..instant installs and have quick access to what I need to install overnight rather than have to download that crap from the internet.....which....well, basically if I make an FTP server out of it would be what you would be doing, isn't it....lol...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm 

Btw good thing to know. I'll add this info to the Win 10 installation info.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 am 

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/mtm2.html
http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/mtm2win10.html

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am 

Hmm..I'm not sure if that's the best solution though, because there was a time on here I installed it and "did" get it working one time, and it managed to render, but it was like...a sketchy (and this was before I even installed the beta), it was rendering in kind of a sketchy version of Direct3D, kind of like direct 3d wasn't fully installed or something when the MTM2 installation took place, because the MTM2 installation crashed. The game wasn't achieveing 60 frames even in normal mode, it was weird. Maybe suggest have directplay enabled before ever even try to install MTM2 if possible?

I mention "I got it working one time", because I did, but I knew something was wrong and something was fishy..so I installed the beta and it ran terrible, and I really knew something was serious bad because it ran worse than my old computer. So, I uninstalled it and kept trying to reinstall it and see if it would install properly. Only with directplay enabled beforehand would it do that, was weird. Heh, sorry to have made you go through all that work, unless your new installation instructions actually would have fixed my sketchy rendering problem I had when it actually installed. Do you think it would have?