MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

Post subject: Fila, "Testing the Message Board"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:08 pm 

The topic "New Rig in 1-3 weeks", I've asked my sisster if she wants this computer when she gets here in August, but I'm not sure if she's made a decision yet..if she DOESN'T want it, then...maybe I could help you?

Post subject: Re: Fila, "Testing the Message Board"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:35 am 

So yeah, about viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7268 ...

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
Gonna be building a new computer, pretty good hardware, Some of the hardware for it is already here, but some of it is still on the way here. It's all been ordered already. BUT..Windows 10 Pro...let's see how THAT new computer can manage to run the beta. (performance wise..jerky? 30-40 fps like my current build?) Or smooth as a a baby's bottom..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Dns9u ... e=youtu.be

Now that I got this new computer to actually run the game and beta, and all that junk, turns out I was right. This thing is on windows 10, and the beefier the hardware, the better it runs. That's windows 10 beta for ya, high resolution...but not 1920 x1080, if I go that high, it actually drops down to like 31 fps cause it has to use some real elbow grease. Anyway though, runs pretty good, but this thing is packin some serious hardware if you look on the page I linked at beginning of post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:22 pm 

The thing is, if "Smoothing" is on, the camera kinda goes nuts when you turn...the camera kinda "over compensates" on turns; say you turn left, the camera goes way out to the right, farther than you need it to...and vice versa. The camera is just a pain in the butt if "Smoothing" is on. I just tested this in the last rumble of the tourney we did. Also, it doesn't need to be Smoothing, but maybe if the View distance is up too high / that option in graphics that makes you see farther, "Visibility". The camera does the same thing; it's like, what happens is, most of the time the game runs extremely smooth, but every little while like every 5-10 seconds, the game stutters and drops to a lower frames/sec and gets just a little jerky, like 40 fps, then jutters to jump back up to its steady smooth fps at like 60. It's weird.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm 

Are you using smoothing and reflections at the same time? That's what happens to me if I have both turned on.

The game stutters whenever it loads too many 256x256 textures. The further the visibility the higher the chance for that to happen. This is an issue with the engine of the game (or maybe directx5-7 but it does the same in 3dfx) and it's too advanced for me to figure it out until someone can help port the game to dx9.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 pm 

I think so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:20 pm 

To avoid that I have reflections turned off. It sucks as it doesn't look as pretty but the camera isn't crazy.