MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next   
 Post subject: Re: Introducing the SS Project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:32 pm 

Didn't know what to download but I scrolled through here, found HD Truck beta 3 or something ruther, and I got another guy OLD_Pugs to download that, we used the trucks in tonight's tourney, I used power wheels tuck, snake bite, overkill, wildfoot, monster patrol in the dusk (the rotating lights work nicely), I scrolled through them all several times in driver check-in, but anyways, point is, we played for a couple hours and both of us agreed that we, (and both of us run beta 0.37), didn't see any glitches or any kind of problems with the trucks, any kind of artifacting or shocks showing through the faces on the sides or anything like that, everything was pretty normal if that's what you're wanting to know? The monster patrol lights worked fine in the dark, that's why I ran that rumble on dark when I was monster patrol was to see the lights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm 

I'm not dead yet! Just minor tweaks now and I'll have the last beta out (maybe later this week, more likely next week). After that the final release will be as a full replacement for Truck2.pod.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 pm 

Good job on these trucks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:00 am 

Beta 4 released, please let me know comments/issues. Next one will be final! http://www.mtm2.com/MTM2/Trucks/trucks. ... ack+Beta+4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 pm 

My only comment about the trucks so far would be that Nitemare and Grave Digger have 2 Shock absorbers up by all the wheels of both those trucks lol, when all the other trucks have 4 Shock absorbers per wheel well. Hey at least let all trucks be created equal =) .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 pm 

Cruisin' for a bruisin'

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am 

Cale wrote:
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Crusin' California(The Offspring song)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:42 pm 

One aim of this project was to be able to more easily get trucks done. And so...

Attachment:
bfcruiser_ss_pre2.jpg

I think in the next few weeks I'll finalize the pack as done and send it out official, I'd love to be able to outright replace the stock trucks but I don't know if that will happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 pm 

SUB 600 VERT PREDATOR

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BAY-BAY

Attachment:
predatorss_pre1.jpg

One of the trucks I was dying to get in this, and I'm very happy with how it's come out so far. Obviously detail work to do, but so incredibly thrilled at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:52 pm 

Thumbs up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 am 

Just about done. Predator is one of the 2 trucks that I thought should have shipped with the game, but Microsoft couldn't get the licensing for. The other one is Equalizer, and guess who's next (and last?)

I know there's some clips of Army Armstrong saying "Predator" out there (I have a VHS with him saying it), hoping I can pull one to use so it blends in nicely on commentary.

Attachment:
predatorss_pre2.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:00 am 

I was wondering. Can you name the trucks (like the pod files and whatever else is needed) to have them work alongside the original trucks?

I was thinking whenever the next comm patch will be out (which truth be told I am not sure when at this point) I would add these trucks to the patch and was thinking would be great if they worked alongside the original ones (so people could chose whichever one they want to run, especially for online games).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 pm 

Right now they can be used alongside the stock trucks no problem. If you mount this pod at the top the trucks you see first in the list are the new trucks. In fact, I've kind of given up on having them outright replace the stock trucks, so that may be the best option.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 am 

I would be interested in seeing if I can have them be put into truck2.pod

The less pods that people have to work with the better :D (sad reality, at least if they come as part of the comm patch).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 pm 

Let me finish up Equalizer and then I can get you the pods to play around with. Would definitely love to have it be just one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:45 pm 

No worries, no rush. I've been waaaay too busy this year to focus on MTM2 so I know how it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:57 pm 

Yeah, but I want to get it done lol.

Equalizer coming along...

Attachment:
equalizerss_pre1.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:41 am 

Now comes the tough part on Equalizer...replicating the low-slung chassis. There's no real main frame rail, so the rear end of the frame is lower than the front end of the frame. It will be more of an approximation than a real replica of it, but I'll do my best with the textures.

Attachment:
equalizerss_pre2.jpg

One thing I found making Equalizer is that I've been using 256x256 textures for coilover shocks on the trucks that have them, and I think that's partially why I'm getting bad lag when using Digger, etc. So I've downed them to 64x64, and it's not quite as pretty but it also matches the other trucks fine, so it'll be a compromise I have to make. Shouldn't be too long now before I get these last trucks tested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:37 pm 

Looks good! The only things left would be add the KC lights and new frame texture to Executioner and enlarge the pupils on Predator. There is one other thing I'm curious about: Did Bear Foot ever run white wheels with black hubs in the center? Because otherwise shouldn't the hubs be red?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 pm 

Matt785 wrote:
There is one other thing I'm curious about: Did Bear Foot ever run white wheels with black hubs in the center? Because otherwise shouldn't the hubs be red?

It did run black hubs in some photos I've found. I might change it, there's still a lot of little tweaks to be made before its all 100% good to go.

Anyhow:
Attachment:
equalizerss_pre3.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next