MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next   
 Post subject: Re: MTM2 Beta Patch 0.43 - Drag me to the finish line
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:45 pm 

Fila wrote:
If you replace your invisible checkpoints with ckbox you will have your answer why it's not working.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, load ckbox in my template above and replace the checkpoints and see what happens. Use ckbox as an assist for the correct orientation then you can just delete the model from the model list. The checkpoints will then become invisible checkpoints again. You must change the sizes of the invisible checkpoint using the correct orientation otherwise it won't work. They still function as a normal checkpoint does in a circuit. There is only one correct side of the checkpoint that you can go through for it to register. (think only the outside checkpoints can be triggered from both sides).

I am aware of the ckboxes, though I was a bit doubtful about them due to the fact that they would require having to add multiple ckboxes in the same sequence just for the sole purpose of covering the whole length of the track, since they’re not resizable in Traxx.

I might have another go at the checkpoints based on what you’ve stated once I have the time.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 pm 

ckbox.bin won't change the settings you are giving the invisible checkpoint. Once you delete the ckbox.bin the invisible checkpoint will have the same properties as before you loaded the .bin model. That's why it's useful to use it to make sure it's facing the correct way and then you can delete it.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:55 am 

Sorry man, still no luck on getting them checkpoints to work, and the ckboxes don't seem to do anything either. What you've mentioned about replacing the invisible checkpoints with the ckboxes then deleting them afterwards seems to have the opposite effects, once I've cut the ckbox.bin from the models box, the invisible checkpoints will then become skewed all over the place and thus having to rearrange the boxes back to where they once were before I even replaced them with the ckbox models.

I probably might be doing it all wrong, but then again, it's a lot of hard work and not really that easy to do. I reckon the best idea at this point would be. (A) Update Traxx to accommodate the Drag type in the Track Components menu and probably a newer system that's easier to do than what it is now, or (B) Create a whole new utility altogether where it's pretty much the same as Traxx, but with one purpose, setting up drag courses on pre-existing POD files with a whole new system that doesn't require setting up checkpoint boxes or anything similar to that, and hell, even setting up more complex drags like S drags, O drags, and many other forms of drags that are much more complicated then your typical straight drag or J drag course.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:56 pm 

AI goes through invisible walls (objects) unless you are within touching distance. This is the way the game has always worked.

You either have to use ramps (which also simulate realistic jumping) or use a flat 2d black model. When a model is pure black it becomes transparent, so technically invisible. Malibu350 has created such 2d flat models to make AI trucks be able to go across the bridges he created like in this file. http://mtm2.com/~malibu350/scraps/zips/ ... idgSrt.zip

You can find it on this page http://mtm2.com/~malibu350/scraps/main.htm It's the cement bridge, several sizes.

You have to replicate the checkpoints the same way as in my template. Have you tried doing what I said in regards to the ckbox in my template? If you do that you will see that the invisible checkpoints don't get moved around once you delete ckbox. If your checkpoints become skewed it's because they are not correctly placed in the first place. That's the whole point of using ckbox. To help you place them correctly in the place. Once they are placed then you have to change the shape and size of the checkpoint with the knowledge that right now it's in the correct position and facing the correct way. All you need to do is make it thin the way it's supposed to be. Also if you look in my template, the checkpoints are not halfway into the ground but they line up with the ground.

The only thing that the ckbox does indeed screw up is the above ground height. But otherwise if the position is screwed up it's because the checkpoint has not been set up correctly. Checkpoints are directional. It means they have only one side that you can enter through for it to trigger.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:18 pm 

Go over and over again on how these checkpoints are set up and how you set up the checkpoints. Also use ckbox and see what happens with the checkpoints. The only thing that gets screwed up is the height.

http://www.mtm2.com/~mtmg/misc/AllenCou ... 2fixed.zip

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 pm 

So, a little something to play around with in the drags:

http://www.mtm2.com/MTM2/Trucks/trucks. ... gfoot+Drag

A mild form of the "RTS" style of truck...i.e., everything is set 2 feet lower than a normal truck, so in game the center of gravity is raised up and the truck behaves, or at least gives the appearance of behaving, more like a real monster truck (leans back on acceleration, leans forward on braking, lots of body roll). I've been wanting to play around with this for a while, and with drags back I have the perfect excuse. It will run circuits and rallies, but really this is for use on drags. If people like it I may do a drags-only variant of the HD truck pack for the hardcores. Comments, concerns, questions?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm 

Cale wrote:

A mild form of the "RTS" style of truck...i.e., everything is set 2 feet lower than a normal truck, so in game the center of gravity is raised up and the truck behaves, or at least gives the appearance of behaving, more like a real monster truck (leans back on acceleration, leans forward on braking, lots of body roll). I've been wanting to play around with this for a while, and with drags back I have the perfect excuse. It will run circuits and rallies, but really this is for use on drags. If people like it I may do a drags-only variant of the HD truck pack for the hardcores. Comments, concerns, questions?

A drags-only variant of the HD truck pack would be sweet.
I say go for it! :D

MTM Community Discord Server
https://discord.gg/JvF4sMYRbA
Feel free to join if you wish.

Founder of Team_Legendz
https://truckerlegends.voobly.com/

"Hey buddy, ready to get muddy?" ~ Army Armstrong
Addons is art!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 pm 

Nice job Cale, that looks sick!!

I have just made a video with this patch, I recommend to check it out, is awesome

https://youtu.be/SPV1xKhsKwY

Also, thanks to Destroyerfan for making the WF2 track, awesome track.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 am 

Can you doublecheck Big Foot Drag? It says it's missing BFSSW1.RAW

It needs the 2.1 truck pack mounted so I guess you forgot a dependency somewhere ;)

Mind blown. I never knew that by planting the truck 2 feet lower makes it have a semi-realistic handling.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 am 

THIRD ATTEMPT.

Well I can honestly say that I've finally got the checkpoints working after so much trouble I've been through trying to get them to work. Basically what I've done is I created the boxes using references from the txx file you've sent of my WIP drag track, inserted the ckbox models, changed the properties of the models orientation and above ground with, once again, references from your fixed version of my track, then once all of that is done, I cut away the ckbox models from the models box, and the original boxes stayed in the same area where I once had them. Simply put, I'm a happy man once again. 8)

In case you're wondering about my drag track that I've been working on, it's a project similar to Cale's HD trucks. I'm planning to remake the drags from MTM1 with better textures, models and stadiums, as well as new drags from the PENDA Monster Truck Series, such as Allen County Fairgrounds, Bloomsburg, and Canfield Fairgrounds. Just need to finish off Allen County Fairgrounds before I can move on to the other tracks.

Cale wrote:

I love this truck already. One question though, will there be a circuit/rally variant of this truck with the generic MTM2 physics?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 pm 

Also make sure the finish line checkpoint has 40 height like in my reference. Though unlikely, it's just for safety that you don't jump over the finish line having the last jump relatively close.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:54 am 

Fortunately I already have the height for the finish line checkpoint covered, therefore everything seems to be working just fine. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 pm 

Downloaded the patch, but once again Avast security flagged it. Now I have to wait possibly 148 minutes to play...

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:21 pm 

PM Customs wrote:
Downloaded the patch, but once again Avast security flagged it. Now I have to wait possibly 148 minutes to play...

Sounds like your virus scanner is acting more like a virus.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 pm 

Right click and look under properties. Should be an option to flag the program as safe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 am 

I have noticed spikes in AI difficulty whenever I translate from Circuit/Rally tracks to Drag tracks, therefore I have to tone the difficulty down to either Intermediate or Rookie each time I want to race on a Drag track, since the AI trucks on Professional difficulty in most Drag tracks are pretty much unbeatable. (mostly on straight Drag tracks without turns.)

Am I the only one having this experience?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm 

No timetable on this, but a start.

Attachment:
newrca-1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:19 am 

Cale wrote:

Attachment:
newrca-1.jpg

Absolutely loving the new stadium model so far. Looks accurate to what it look liked during the airings of Truck & Tractor Power.

Speaking of which, are you planning to do remakes of the MTM1 Drags? Cause I sorta pitched the idea of doing the project myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 am 

SparkTB11 wrote:
Cale wrote:

Attachment:
newrca-1.jpg

Absolutely loving the new stadium model so far. Looks accurate to what it look liked during the airings of Truck & Tractor Power.

Speaking of which, are you planning to do remakes of the MTM1 Drags? Cause I sorta pitched the idea of doing the project myself.

I actually did that with my own version of MTM1's stock drags at one point when I was doing a "MTM2 version" of them TRI-styled, with updated textures and changes to certain models.
https://legendofwii92.deviantart.com/ar ... -661052063
(download button to the right contains the tracks in a .ZIP)
Feel free to look at and download and try them, if anyone wants to play with them, be my guest.

MTM Community Discord Server
https://discord.gg/JvF4sMYRbA
Feel free to join if you wish.

Founder of Team_Legendz
https://truckerlegends.voobly.com/

"Hey buddy, ready to get muddy?" ~ Army Armstrong
Addons is art!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 am 

SparkTB11 wrote:
I have noticed spikes in AI difficulty whenever I translate from Circuit/Rally tracks to Drag tracks, therefore I have to tone the difficulty down to either Intermediate or Rookie each time I want to race on a Drag track, since the AI trucks on Professional difficulty in most Drag tracks are pretty much unbeatable. (mostly on straight Drag tracks without turns.)

Am I the only one having this experience?

Are you using automatic transmission?

When I get around to improving the current code, I plan on randomizing the AI's reaction time at start so it will vary. Right now it doesn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next