MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

Post subject: Hyperlift by TEAM DEATH
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2000 7:00 am 

This looks to be a good track, but i couldn't get the hyperlift to work, nor did the fixall.pod work. Maybe i put it in the wrong spot in my pod.ini. Otherwise, nice looking, i just couldn't get past the hyperlift. Maybe you can. Try it and see.

------------------
Rpmz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2000 7:27 am 

OK, I got the 1st hyperlift to work, but still can't get past the 2nd 1. I also moved fixall.pod to the top and it worked for the most part. Now instead of train horns, i hear sick cow moo's. Oh well, give it a try and see what you think.

------------------
Rpmz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 6:03 am 

Every one of the hyper lifts gave me trouble... i dont know what he was using... elivator, ramp, or an upward moving object... but whatever it was, it was going to fast and flew through my truck..... maybe faster comp... faster "hyperlift"
Oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 1:55 am 

I looked at this track in Traxx just to see what he had done..... and I think I could tell him how to fix the problem with his HyperLifts..

I have used what he is trying to do in a couple of my tracks already, and used it very well. He has a good idea but it needs to be brought together properly....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 6:41 am 

The course itself is great..typical TeamDeath high flyin madness, but the lifts lose me. Unlike the other posts here the lifts work for me but if you dont hit them right you end up sitting there waiting for the next one to pick you up totaly stopping a great fast wild run. Im not really into the "gimics" in tracks but thats just me. I really like this track and would love it without the lifts or possibly make the lifts work like the ones in Black Diamond Run by SpazMonster..as soon as you hit those you're immediately lifted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 7:25 am 
I'm a big fan of TEAM DEATH's tracks. They're freaky, fun, wild, crazy, and of course DEADLY!!!
I liked it, the lifts worked fine for me. Yes there can be a delay if u don't catch it just right. But really, I like things that give others a chance to catch up like a properly placed train.
I gave it an 8 out of 10 http://drive.to/old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 8:49 am 

<u>Well give me some tips here then folks cause, i ain't getting past the 2nd lift. I've raced this track 3 different times now. The 2nd lift will pick me up about 3 feet them just drop me back down. So far all of TEAMDEATH tracks are great except for this one. I'd kinda like to see the rest of it. HELP!!!</u>

[This message has been edited by Rpmz (edited 10-07-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:11 pm 
Glow Ball

This discussion got the better of my curiosity. I tried the track and it worked fine for me. For anyone having trouble with the lifts, just sit where it says to stop. The lift will come (be patient). I think SolarDog and OLD_JumpinJohn describe it well.

Oh, and the readme says this is phase one of more to come.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 10-07-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:35 pm 

<u>Well ok, i guess i'll have to wait for another phase. But i did sit there and wait and wait and wait and wait. Just picks me up about 3 feet and then back down to wait some more. I just don't understand why it would work for some and not others.</u> And why i can get past the 1st one with a little patients but the 2nd one won't lift me enough to get to where i can continue.

------------------
Rpmz