MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Post subject: FixMore.pod
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:39 am 

Okay... I'll probably download and try FixMore.pod before I get an answer, but what does FixMore.pod fix? Surely it can't fix more than "All"!?! ;o)

I liked the blue water in FixAll.pod, but I kinda missed the train whistle on choo-choos. (If only just TRAINS had a train whistle and not ALL moving objects! Image!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:55 am 
Glow Ball

FixMore.pod includes fixall.pod, three versions of mtm2mtm2.pod, tiresmoke.pod, new headlight textures and many many more additional fixes that have always been pet peeves with me (eg, lasx cps). I agree, losing the train whistle is a bummer but it's one of the trade offs. You can work around that by placing the sound pod higher than fixall/more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:49 am 

Hey there Clawfford, "mtm2mtm2" is something I whipped up, you can read about it <a href=http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corridor/9018/fixes.htm>here</a>, and Fixall, while excellent, was misnamed from the beginning - when in fact it breaks the train horn, which I insist on keeping, via pod mounting order. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:38 am 

Okay, thanks!

I'll adjust my FixMore.pod to follow sound.pod and preceed everything else.

I'm glad to see the mtm2mtm2 thingy! I made use of several MTM1 objects (including checkpoints) in a few of my earlier tracks. I'll recommend FixMore.pod for them on my website ("Clawfford's Game Room", found at www.gameroom.com/clawfford or in the MTM2 WebRing).

Anything else? I know Fixall helps the "Hall of Mirrors" somewhat, and I kinda like the new brown dust clouds.

Clawfford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:10 pm 

Hmm...

What's the magic order?

I arranged FixMore.pod after sound.pod, and now I have my blue water AND my choo-choo whistle. But now I've lost all smoke effects.

Do I have to decide which effect to sacrifice, or can I get all 3 working? (Train whistle, blue water, and FixMore.pod brown smoke effects.)

If you have all 3 working, please let me know the order of your system pods/FixMore.pod - mine is hopelessly scrambled from changes and testing.

Thanks!

Clawfford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:46 pm 

smoke an the water... in startup.pod, so make sure it's below the fix.
fire in the sky... mount Zilla vs. Bigfoot. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:01 am 

I feel like such a fookie!

I wasn't testing on enough tracks... first was one I am currently working on, and I hadn't given the "dirt" attribute to the texture yet, so of course it wasn't kicking up any dirt clouds.

And when I wanted to test the dirt out I tried Tumbleweed Flats since there's lotsa dirt there. But it seems there's very little blue in that track palette, so I discovered that the water ALWAYS looks silver there even when it looks blue on other tracks!

Image!

Oh, well. I have an excuse. I turned 40 today, so I guess I'm not wasting any time before everything starts going downhill! ;o)

Clawfford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:11 am 
Trackologist

LOL so like...where is this "Fixmore" pod? Seen lots of talk about it, but no link to it lol. What kind of place you runnin here, Phin? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:33 am 
easy company

once phin recieves our monthly union dues he'll.... oh nevermind lol... link

------------------
theme challenged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:35 am 
Glow Ball

About the water issue. I thought about what you said, Clawfford, and figured I'd have a look and maybe do a comparison. So, first thing I did was look at [url=javascript:void(0)]<font class=nf>Tumbleweed Flats</font>[/url] and compared fixall and fixmore with reflections turned off and then on for each one. As you can see, there's not a lot of difference, with maybe a bit clearer color tones in the fixmore.pod but not so much it's worth troubling over. But with other tracks I've seen huge differences and next tried [url=javascript:void(0)]<font class=nf>The Heights</font>[/url]. With reflections on or off, the fixmore is a considerably deeper blue. I won't say it makes fixall look like stock water, but it definitely pales when placed side by side. Of course, this brought up the question of stock so I tried [url=javascript:void(0)]<font class=nf>Crazy98</font>[/url] and took pics for all three versions. I guess which version you prefer depends on your experience with lake or ocean water. If I were going for realism based on lake ontario, then I'd probably stick with the stock textures, lol. But I want the game to look better so I went for the third version.

Download <font class=nf>FixMore.pod</font>. (pay attention cope and you'd already have it)

Complete mtmg <font class=nf>inventory</font> of utilities is available too.

p.s. oops, mal beat me with the link :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:21 am 
Trackologist

*Said with a whiney, mocking voice - (pay attention cope and you'd already have it) Yeah, yeah sure pal.

Thanks Mal...and I got a good mind to tell Mr. Phineus what he can do with that Union Dues crap! lol